DFR is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of DRFE.
DFR is part of the Dover Corporation® (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer.
Job Title: Design Engineer
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt/Fulltime
Location: Conyers, GA
Reports to: Design Engineering Manager
The Design Engineer will be responsible for design, draw and plan the manufacturing, assembly and functionality of structural steel and sheet metal used in the structural portion of commercial refrigeration system.
- Modification of existing and the creation of new enclosures & rack systems, along with the needed detailed drawings, to meet our customers’ needs for refrigeration systems.
- Design responsibilities will go from submittal drawings through creation of drawings for manufacturing.
- Work closely with Mechanical, Electrical and Inside Sales Engineers, customers and manufacturing to develop models and drawings.
- Create Bills of Materials for jobs
- Use CAD software to develop 3D solid model assembly and production drawings for structural steel, sheet metal and piping designs and piece parts – SolidWorks & AutoCAD
- Apply industry standards for designing and fabricating sheet metal.
- Verify proper form, fit and function of interrelated parts to ensure they can be assembled as needed, and operate properly and efficiently.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings as well as architectural and construction plans.
- Interface effectively with customers, both internally and externally, on technical details and project goals.
- Hands-on assistance with shop floor resolutions.
- Prove and test design through guiding prototype fabrication
- Develop and maintain design FMEA and process FMEA to reduce product issues.
- Prepare and co-ordinate meetings to address and resolve challenges
- Evaluate, test, modify and document results of experimental equipment, concepts, and systems. Interact with other technical, shop or field personnel to develop an understand product, manufacturing and job-specific requirements.
- Develops and approve process specification and design standards.
- Apply sound engineering theory and calculations to solve design challenges.
- Direct activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, and installation conform to customer requirements.
- Direct and coordinate operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks and simulations.
- Perform material and vendor research as needed to find the best resolution to engineering challenges associated with creating new solutions for the customers
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 0-3 years’ experience in sheet metal design using Solidworks or AutoCAD
Additional Knowledge, and Skills:
- Proficient with AutoCAD and/or Solidworks,, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Sheet metal design
- Preferred experience in UL/ETL/IBC a plus
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with positive can-do attitude
- The ability to demonstrate dependability and flexibility to manage work as required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Georgia : Conyers
Sub Division : Hillphoenix Systems
Job Requisition ID : 30881