We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
A Day in the Life
Manage project AutoCAD drawings as required from initiation to closeout of facility improvement projects. Initiate CAD and/or systems recommendations toward continuous improvement in CAD usage and other related procedures. Maintain CAD Design Checklists as assigned.
Aid in the production of conceptual design construction layouts and drawings. Produce AutoCAD job packages for project requests for proposals. Assist in the development of standard details and standard prototypes in a continuous improvement environment. Modify and/or refine details and prototypes in collaboration with the Project Manager.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Keep the Facility CAD database in good working order.
- Update the database as needed to reflect the current state of our facilities.
- Assimilate inputs from a variety of sources and formats (e.g. red-lined drawings or CAD files from engineers or contractors, written instructions, hand drawn sketches, final project design / permit packages, verbal instructions, and physical walks of the as-built environment) to create complete and updated drawing packages.
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD.
- Interface with facility space management personnel and MiWi space tracking system.
- Provide back up as necessary to the facility space planner position.
- Assist Client/Project Managers with technical needs.
- Perform field verifications – including walkthroughs for drawing updates and verifications of building systems and infrastructure.
- Assist the Facilities team with document control policies and processes, document storage and retrieval, drawing revisions and new document generations as needed.
- Assist with supporting day-to-day operation of the digital and physical engineering document library.
- Maintaining a valid California Driver license.
Minimum of 4 years of experience of relevant experience and may require vocational or technical education or certification in addition to prior work experience.
Nice to Have
- Bachelors degree, or Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology.
- Proficient in computer aided design drafting. Expert use of layers, blocks, X-refs, etc. Able to setup templates.
- Complete knowledge of blueprint reading and understanding of all types of drawings (mechanical, electrical, structural, and civil, etc.).
- Expert use of surveying tools and techniques, tape measuring, electronic measurements, digital camera, etc.
- Experience working in a cGMP controlled engineering document environment.
- Familiar with building codes.
- Drafting experience in the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong familiarity with major building mechanical, plumbing, and electrical / utility systems.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and judgment skills.
- Ability to maintain and generate accurate records.
- Ability to perform independently and confidently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with a diverse group of people.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)