Springstone, the nation’s premier behavioral healthcare company is looking for a passionate psychiatrist who will help us fulfill our mission of Changing People’s Lives®.
Denver Springs located near Englewood, CO is seeking a Board Certified-Psychiatrist to join the Springstone team. Practice with a highly engaged team to deliver the type of care you would want your own loved ones to receive.
Denver Springs will transform the delivery of behavioral health services and solve the largest healthcare challenge of our generation, the lack of access to quality care for mental illness and addiction. We will:
- Engage with patients, families, employees, communities, healthcare providers, and health insurers to increase access to behavioral healthcare
- Provide a continuum of care that delivers the right care, in the right place, at the right time, at the right cost
- Partner to integrate behavioral and medical healthcare to improve the health of populations and reduce the per capita cost of healthcare
- Be nationally known for providing high quality, consistent, evidence-based, and innovative care
- Decrease suicide rates, decrease addiction-related deaths, reverse the decline in life expectancy, and improve productivity in the communities we serve
- De-stigmatize mental illness and addiction, which are conditions that transcend race, gender, age, and socioeconomic class
- Assesses clinical appropriateness for admission and collaborates with Assessment and Referral regarding potential admissions.
- Performs psychiatric assessments for individuals under his/her care.
- Provides individual therapy, family therapy and/or medication management as needed for patients under his/her care. Appropriately requests consultation when indicated. Provides psychiatric consultation when requested.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Completes all documentation requirements legibly and within timeframes established by Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations.
- Leads the multidisciplinary treatment team and participates collaboratively in scheduled staffing regarding the treatment of his/her patients.
- Demonstrates appropriate medication administration and ensures that documentation regarding medications complies with facility and regulatory standards.
- Completes necessary documentation to ensure accurate reimbursement for services provided and works collaboratively with the UR Department.
- Complies with all Medical Staff Bylaws and Medical Staff Rules and Regulations. Complies with all facility policies and procedures. Maintains professional behaviors at all times.
- Share on-call schedule providing on-call services for patients and for responding to emergencies, admissions, and evaluations as necessary.
- Participates in performance improvement activity for the hospital.
Independent contractor model preferred
- Graduate of an accredited medical or osteopathic school doctoral program and completion of residency in psychiatry required; board certification preferred.
- Prior inpatient and/or outpatient experience in a behavioral healthcare setting practicing psychiatry and/or addiction medicine
- Current unencumbered medical doctor (MD) or osteopathic doctor (DO)
- Unrestricted, state medical license, DEA and State Controlled Substances registration
- Understands and able to apply applicable standards and regulations (e.g. The Joint Commission, CMS, etc.) in his/her daily work.