Our neighborhood family dental office strives to provide exceptional patient care, with great customer service to our patients to give the best experience that they deserve. We are looking for a team member who wants to grow both professionally and personally. Roles and responsibilities include assisting the dentist, sterilization, keeping the schedule running smoothly, x-rays, treatment planning and able to communicate with our patients to give them the WOW factor from the start.This is a part time dental assistant position at a well established dental practice. Currently we are open Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday but can offer full time between this and another clinic in the Metro Detroit area. This is an opportunity with great benefits, great staff and great family atmosphere.
As our Dental Assistant, you will be the first friendly face our patients see so we’ll want you to greet them with a warm welcome before you take them to their treatment room. That’s where you’ll document both their dental and medical history, and take any additional notes the dentist may need. We’ll also need you to:
- Assist the dentist by being fully prepared with instruments and materials needed for specific procedures.
- Sterilize instruments and disinfect treatment rooms in accordance with OSHA, CDC and infection control guidelines.
- Expose high quality dental radiographs
- Chair-side Assisting
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate dental procedures and terminology.
- The capability to take excellent x-rays, impressions, and make temporaries for crown and bridges.
- Demonstrate flexibility, especially in stressful situations, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
We have taken multiple steps to protect our valuable staff and patients during these uncertain times and thus have infection control beyond an optimal standard. We have installed advanced air purifiers in each treatment room that is able to filter and purify all viruses and larger particles 12 times every hour. We are also investing in unique individual plexiglass shields that will go between the staff and the patient in the treatment chair. There is also now a complete protective curtain between the front desk staff and the patients. Lastly, we use high quality CDC-approved PPE gear including virus-filtering masks and hospital-grade disinfectants throughout the office. We are setting and exceeding the standard to say the least!
We seek a part time chair side dental assistant to work with our family of patients and support our doctor and healthcare staff. We’re dedicated to delivering the highest quality dental care in a dynamic office setting that is team oriented and focused on our patient’s wellness. As you are excited by this extraordinary opportunity we look forward to hearing from you very soon!
Job Type: Part-time
- dental assistant: 1 year (Required)
- Are you familiar with taking and developing film x-rays?