ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans all areas of the Deli department to include:
- Emptying garbage
- Washing dishes
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment and surfaces, such as ovens, dishwasher, mixers, racks, tables, counter tops, etc.
- Sweeping and mopping the floor
- Provides customer service to guests.
- Assists guests with finding items they are looking for
- Takes orders for deli items and other special requests
- Packages and prices items from the service case
- Answers the telephone and assists callers using proper phone etiquette.
- Contributes to overall cleanliness of the department by picking up, organizing, and cleaning work areas, shelving, and sales floor as needed
- Required to maintain log book and keep documentation of proper sanitation and temperature
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% at 10 am and 5 pm.
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of perishable foods
Must be neat and clean in appearance, friendly, and inviting
Must be able to work at a fast pace
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Frequently near moving machinery.
- Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- The Deli Sanitation/Clean-Up is an hourly position
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we’re not simply selling groceries, we’re on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our “Boomerang Principle”-empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will “Bring the Customer Back”. We are proud to be a family and employee-owned company.
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.