Mission’s Debt & Equity Advisory Group is seeking origination professionals to raise debt and equity for commercial and multi-family property investments. The ideal candidate or team will have an existing book of business which will benefit from sophisticated debt and joint venture placement capabilities and exceptional institutional investor relationships.
Mission Capital has a robust pipeline and deep institutional client roster. Mission’s Debt & Equity Advisory Group has a strong analyst team, industry leading technology and exceptional in-house graphic design and production at our disposal. Mission’s joint venture equity capabilities make for a competitive advantage over most debt-only capital raising firms.
As a tech-forward and collaborative group, candidates will have minimal client coverage conflicts with other team members and can also call on blocked relationships at their existing firms. The candidate’s clients will also have access to Mission’s industry-leading loan and asset sale advisory business, gaining direct exposure to more than $4 billion of annual loan/REO sale opportunities from the federal government, investment banks, commercial banks, finance companies and hedge funds.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To achieve the stated objectives for this position, the following duties will be required:
1. Manage existing and develop new relationships with owners, developers and investors of commercial and multi-family
2. Complete initial opportunity evaluation and analysis
3. Separate opportunities from activity
4. Convert relationships into exclusive financing mandates
5. Attend and participate in industry conferences, symposia and other high level events
6. Entertain clients and assist in implementing Mission-sponsored events
7. Work within a team framework to execute transactions
8. Assist in negotiations with capital sources providing both debt and equity, where necessary
9. Troubleshoot and close transactions, where necessary
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required
To achieve the stated objectives for this position the following experience will be required:
1. 3+ years’ experience in commercial real estate brokerage capacity
2. Proven track record of closing loans and / or JV equity investments
3. Understanding of equity partnership / promote structures
4. Previous experience in a mortgage brokerage, bank, fund, CMBS or investment banking, consulting or legal environment preferred
5. Strong quantitative / analytical skills and writing ability
6. Technology proficient
7. Attention to detail / thoroughness / focus / determination
8. Likes and prioritizes work
About Mission Capital Advisors, LLC
Mission Capital is a technology-forward real estate capital markets firm built on a culture of deep client service. Founded in 2002, our complementary asset sales and capital raising platforms, combined with our diligence and consulting services, allow our institutional and governmental client-base to achieve liquidity and optimize portfolio strategy throughout the credit cycle.