Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: Pensacola – Main Campus
Categories: Dean of Students
The University of West Florida is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Disabled/Veteran employer. Any individual requiring special accommodation to apply is requested to advise UWF by contacting UWF Human Resources at 1-850-474-2694 (voice) or 1-850-857-6158 (TTY). E-Verify requirements may apply for employment in certain positions. All applications for employment at the University are subject to Florida public records law.
Please review job requirements carefully. Failure to submit all pieces of the application may result in disqualification. Applications are accepted on the University of West Florida career site: https://careers.uwf.edu. For assistance contact UWF Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or [email protected]
Employment based visa sponsorship will NOT be considered for this position.
- 40% – Provide direct supervision to the following staff: Assistant Dean/Director of Student Rights & Responsibilities, Associate Dean and Director for Student Involvement, Director of Housing & Residence Life, Assistant Dean for Case Management Services and Argo Food Pantry, Educational Research Center for Child Development (ERCCD), and Dean of Students Office administrator. Provide leadership/oversight to the designated areas of the division. Initiate/support strategic planning, goal-setting, budget management, and professional development for the departments. Formulate, implement, and interpret policies for specified areas of responsibility. Serve as a liaison to other departments in Academic Engagement, Student Affairs and Academic Affairs and to community entities related to services provided. – (Essential)
- 20% – Provide direction/support in matters relating to divisional planning and assessment, budget management, crisis management, professional development, human resources, and student issues. Represent the Division on Provost’s Council, Board of Trustees Committees, University-wide committees, at community events, and at professional conferences. Other duties as related to the position. – (Essential)
- 20% – Coordinate and facilitate weekly meetings of the Campus Care Team (behavioral intervention and threat assessment team). Serve as the University’s Title IX Deputy Coordinator for student-to-student discrimination/harassment issues. Responsible for reviewing and updating the Student Code of Conduct, Academic Misconduct Code, and overseeing the publication of an annual Student Handbook. Meet regularly with SGA leadership and attend SGA meetings. Serve as the Chair of the University Public Health committee. Serve in the On-Call Dean rotation in response to student related crises (medical, student conduct, wellness checks, etc.). Serve as a conduct hearing officer as needed. – (Essential)
- 15% – Conduct necessary research and make appropriate recommendations for improvement of procedures and operations. Draft policies and procedures for approval and ratification by the appropriate authorities. Work closely with the General Counsel’s Office to ensure compliance with FERPA, due process, Clery Act, and BOG and University regulations, policies, and procedures. – (Essential)
- 5% – Assist students with concerns related to personal/academic/financial issues. Provide guidance related to the withdrawal process, admissions clearnances, assist with medical withdrawals, and work with faculty and students to negotiate late withdrawals and incompletes. Serve as a point of contact and referral source for information related to University processes. Provide notifications to faculty regarding student issues (absences, suspensions, family emergencies, etc.) as appropriate. – (Essential)
- Physical Requirements: Occasional and/or light lifting required. Limited exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc., but none to the point of being disagreeable. May involve minor safety hazards where likely results would be cuts, bruises, etc.
- Impact of Deadlines: Externally imposed deadlines set or revised on short notice. Frequent shifts in priority. Numerous interruptions requiring immediate attention. Unusual pressure on a daily basis due to accountability for success of major projects.
- Standing: Daily
- Walking: Daily
- Sitting: Daily
- Reaching with hands and arms: Daily
- Climbing or balancing: Occasionally
- Stooping: Occasionally
- Use of hands to handle objects: Daily
- Lifting up to 10lbs: Daily
- Lifting up to 25lbs: Occasionally
- Lifting over 25lbs: Occasionally
- Talking as express or exchange of ideas verbally: Daily
- Hearing as perceive sound by ear: Daily
- Vision as distinguish colors & depth: Daily
This position requires a criminal background screen
Candidates must apply online through the University of West Florida website: https://careers.uwf.edu.
Applicants are required to attach a resume, cover letter and three references.
An opportunity to upload these documents will be provided during the application process.
For assistance, please contact Human Resources at 850-474-2694 or email [email protected]
Advertised: February 05, 2021