Job Summary: Responsible for the proper operation and conduct of Table Games in accordance with house rules and applicable gaming regulations
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Deals all table games offered by Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa to guests maintaining an average number of hands per hour as established by the casino.
- Sells chips and tokens to players for currency and slips currency through slit in table into the drop box.
- Pays off winning hands in accordance with payoff schedule established by the casino.
- Collects losing wagers from players and inserts these chips and tokens into the chip rack.
- Explains the rules of the game using personal, guest relation skills.
- Refers guest disputes to the supervising floor person.
- Counts and verifies table fills and credits and signs for same.
- Accepts tips from players in accordance with internal control procedures.
- Shuffles deck of cards in accordance with established casino procedures.
- Informs floor person of any mistakes, disputes and suspicious or irregular play.
- Ensuring security of the casino’s assets and ultimate guest satisfaction.
- Understands and adheres to all Title 31 procedures.
- Adheres to table games policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Must have thorough knowledge of all banking card games used in casino gaming.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
Qualifications: Ability to deal a single and multiple deck, either hand-held or from a shoe. Possess a working knowledge of all games, house rules and Table Games counting methods and procedures. Must have knowledge of gaming regulations. Knowledge of regulations regarding opening, closing and operation of table games. Must be able to create a positive, friendly and courteous guest atmosphere with tact and diplomacy, with a high regard for guest service and team member relations. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of classified information. Must possess excellent business sense and high professional ethics. Craps experience is not required, but is a plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required. Successful completion of approved dealer course. Minimum two years of casino dealing experience. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to perform in a fast paced and goal oriented environment.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation to obtain and maintain a gaming license issued by the Morongo Gaming Agency.
Public speaking skills are important to the successful conduct of this position.
Strong mathematical skills and ability to make accurate payoffs in a timely manner. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to apply legal, regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts and policy to practical situations. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The team member frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The team member is occasionally required to sit. The team member will occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
This is a fast paced work environment and the position requires the ability to cope with it. The casino environment has moderate to loud noise levels and is a smoking environment.
Because we are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, most positions require flexibility in scheduling and may require Team Members be available for evenings, weekends, holidays and special events. A typical workweek and normal work schedules may vary based on business needs and may include scheduled shifts Monday through Sunday. Position may require overtime.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer while practicing Native American preference according to law.
Location: 49500 Seminole Drive, Cabazon, CA 92230
Job Type: Part-time