Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies (JJMDC), a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Strategic Customer Group (SCG) Deal Desk Quoting Analyst to be located in Warsaw, IN, Somerville, NJ, Raynham, MA, Cincinnati, OH, or West Chester, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently $20 billion in World Wide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
Contract Strategy is responsible for the development and execution of contracting strategies for customers within the JJMD Strategic Customer Group (SCG). Contract Strategy includes the development and delivery of Contracting Strategies (contracting options / parameters by customer segment), Deal Desk (single point of contact, rapid response hub for developing contracts), customer analytics (preparation of customer-ready analytics and materials for the field to support customer updates and negotiations) and CPC governance (rules and processes for approving deal exceptions). The Contract Strategy group works in close collaboration with the field to put together the most appropriate offering (products, pricing, solutions and T&Cs) for the customer possible and in close collaboration with Contract Management, the group responsible for executing, uploading and ensuring compliance with the contract.
The Quoting Analyst in the Deal Desk is responsible for the development of offers (including products, prices, solutions and financial T&Cs) for customers in Medical Devices. The Quoting Analyst will be responsible for building the detailed offer, and interacting with the Deal Manager, Contracting Director and other Quoting Analysts to develop the most appropriate offer and scenarios possible.
Protect the margins of the business by taking a holistic view of the levers that affect profitability (products, prices, solutions and T&Cs)
Reduce the time spent by the field on writing contracts to create more time for them to focus on customers
Make it easier for our customers to do business with us
Better align the offers we submit with the needs of the customer segment and the strategies of the business
The role of the Quoting Analyst can vary from being an advisor on strategic partnerships and structuring complex deals (for tier 1 customers) to enforcing a narrower set of options for other customers (tier 4).
- Drive the development of detailed offers and scenarios for the Deal Manager, demonstrating product expertise, business acumen and professional judgment while adhering to contracting strategies and price matrices
- Develop rigorous, error-proof offers and analysis (where needed) maintaining a high attention to details of the offer while still seeing the emerging patterns, trends and insights across offers
- Display a high degree of ownership for the quality of the offer and the fit with our strategic and financial objectives
- Provide all necessary documentation / files / rationale to relevant stakeholders (e.g., Contract Admin, Deal Manager)
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. A concentration in Business, Finance, or Sales & Marketing is preferred.
A minimum of 2 years of business experience with a minimum of 1 year of experience in Contract Management, Finance, Pricing or other related field is required.
Self-starter and strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to implement strategies based on competitive dynamics, economic goals, and customer needs is required.
- Ability to identify, prioritize, & interpret information and data from disparate systems is preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail, customer service and results orientation is preferred.
- Excellent Communication – written & verbal – internal & external is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills is preferred.
- Ability to create, present and communicate findings to all levels of Management is preferred.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across a complex set of stakeholders is preferred.
- Ability to form strong, trust-based relationships with Deal Desk team and Contract Admin is required.
- Drive to understand multiple Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMD) products and offerings, strategies and business objectives is preferred.
- Ability to work within complex JJMD quoting systems with high degree of accuracy and speed is preferred.
Domestic travel is required 10% of the time for internal meetings to Warsaw, IN, Somerville, NJ, Raynham, MA, Cincinnati, OH, or West Chester, PA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)