Each day at Volunteers of America, we strive to exemplify our foundational pillar of Servant Leadership and Cultural Values of Communication, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
The Database and Events Coordinator position serve as the gatekeeper for Blackbaud (Donor database). This position is responsible for entering daily data for gifts, constituent information, and managing data quality. This position is also responsible for coordinating events in Sheridan, Rapid City, Billings, and Cheyenne.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage Blackbaud database, maintaining a B average for data health, by editing records, entering complete and quality data and by helping the fundraising team by identifying and fixing data issues.
- Perform routine functions in Blackbaud such as gift management, constituent record updates, creating reports as needed by the advancement team.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Director of Advancement, including but not limited to accurate and precise creation of correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans,etc.
- Establish, develop, maintain, and update filing/reporting systems for SDA.
- Update and maintain the advancement donor database and all donor-related data, ensuring user compliance to all business processes/procedures.
- Generate data reports and constituent lists from the advancement donor database, as needed.
- Schedule and coordinating direct mail and email communications.
- Act as a liaison with donors, foundations, and other groups.
- Assist Advancement staff as needed.
- Handle all logistics for community events.
- Effective communicator, both oral and written.
- Ability to effectively deal with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to multitask and change directions frequently.
- Ability to organize/prioritize large volumes of information and calls.
- Continuous demonstration of behaviors aligned with a posture of servant leadership and our cultural values.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers, and smartphones. At times work will be offsite at event/conference venues.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, stand or stoop.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel expected for this position.
Required Education, Experience or Eligibility Qualifications
- Associate Degree in Business plus two years of related work experience.
- Adept with various computer software programs, including Microsoft Suite, Blackbaud's Raisers Edge, and desktop publishing.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Two years of experience in fundraising
VOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA).