Analyze, segment and prepare data for internal Direct Mail sustainment mailings tests and kits as indicated on the Selection Sheet. Work with the Production Department and print vendors to ensure proper coding, scheduling and preparation of Direct Mail data files. Adhere to mail schedules to ensure data is delivered to print vendors on time. Prep mail files from other departments (such as Special Events, Donor Relations, Church Alliances and Major Giving). Troubleshoot data issues to ensure correct data files are submitted to the print vendor.
- Creates event codes and source codes in Studio Enterprise/Donor Direct for Direct Mail appeals and acquisitions and mailings for other departments.
- Creates mail files based on selection criteria provided by the Director of Direct Mail
- Programs variable copy and other personalization per instructions in the laser copy document using RedPoint
- Programs ask array personalization per instructions in the ask table using RedPoint
- Prepare data files for mailing by performing merge/purge, CASS certification, standardization, NCOA and test splits
- Provides data files and layouts to print vendors/Production Department, as well as sample data for in-house data checking purposes
- Check internal/external lives for accurate data and formatting and approves data and live sign-offs
- Interface with Creative Services, Production and IS Departments, as well as print vendors to ensure data requests and record layouts are provided promptly and issues are resolved promptly and projects stay on schedule
- Updates source codes with cost, mail date, etc. after job is complete
- Upload stats file to Donor Direct
- Prepares and sends rental/exchange files to list manager
- Supply weekly New Donor and Thank You files and monthly Reminder files to print vendors
- Supply other data files as needed
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good with numbers.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining quality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with RedPoint, SSMS/SQL, Access, Donor Direct or similar programs/databases desirable.
- Experience with WebFOCUS or other business intelligence tools a plus.
- Detail oriented, yet with the ability to see the bigger picture and discern trends and opportunities and make strategic recommendations
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to identify and solve issues by using discretion and good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Highly proficient in Excel with solid knowledge of data functions and pivot tables
- Strong knowledge of Access, FoxPro or similar database applications
Education: Minimum high school diploma with Associates Degree or equivalent training in computer science.
Experience: Two to three years experience in direct mail marketing/database experience. Knowledge of spreadsheet/database software required. Knowledge of postal regulations a plus.