Dentsply Sirona is the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies, with a 130-year history of innovation and service to the dental industry and patients worldwide. Dentsply Sirona develops, manufactures, and markets a comprehensive solutions offering including dental and oral health products as well as other consumable medical devices under a strong portfolio of world class brands. Dentsply Sirona’s products provide innovative, high-quality and effective solutions to advance patient care and deliver better and safer dentistry. Dentsply Sirona’s global headquarters is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. The company’s shares are listed in the United States on NASDAQ under the symbol XRAY.
Bringing out the best in people
As advanced as dentistry is today, we are dedicated to making it even better. Our people have a passion for innovation and are committed to applying it to improve dental care. We live and breathe high performance, working as one global team, bringing out the best in each other for the benefit of dental patients, and the professionals who serve them. If you want to grow and develop as a part of a team that is shaping an industry, then we’re looking for the best to join us.
Working at Dentsply Sirona you are able to:
Develop faster – with our commitment to the best professional development.
Perform better – as part of a high-performance, empowering culture.
Shape an industry – with a market leader that continues to drive innovation.
Make a difference -by helping improve oral health worldwide.
Microsoft SQL server database administrator to support the Dynamics AX2009 database and supporting databases. Responsible for all aspects of managing Microsoft Dynamics SQL server 2005 / 2008 database administration regarding monitoring, performance tuning, and daily maintenance.
- Design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Develop, implement, and oversee database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software.
- Analyze, re-engineer, automate, and administer a wide range of database servers and their database environments. These environments may include development, test, staging, QA, backup and recovery, and production.
- Maintain an understanding of the applications and the business functions that utilize these environments. Will need strong practical skills in technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012. Additionally, skills required include expertise in tuning T-SQL and database structures, XML data stores, SQL Server functions and utilities and ancillary products which included SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Database design using Normalization, Star, and Snowflake approaches.
- Hands-on data audit and forensics troubleshooting experience.
- Expert in database backup and recovery processes and procedures.
- B.S. required, a degree in a related area (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology) is a plus
- Relevant certifications (MCDBA, etc) is a plus
- In IT field for 2+ years,
- 3 years’ experience Dynamics AX2009 (Preferred)
- 6+ years information technology experience is required.
- 4+ years combined experience installing, configuring, and securing SQL Server 2008 and 2012.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Competency functionally with Dynamics AX2009 or higher version
- Practical knowledge & experience of the requirements of an up-to-date DBA
- Excellent communication skills, especially with key business users, the AX support team members, and Corporate IT
- SQL Server 2008 and 2012
- Microsoft SQL server database
- Tuning T-SQL and database structures
- XML data stores
Dentsply Sirona is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected Veteran status. We appreciate your interest in Dentsply Sirona.
If you need assistance with completing the online application due to a disability, please send an accommodation request to [email protected] . Please be sure to include “Accommodation Request” in the subject.
For California Residents:
We may collect the following categories of personal information in connection with the submission of your resume or application materials to us for employment, and if hired, your employment with us: identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, birthdate); personal records (e.g., telephone number, signature, education information, criminal background information, passport number and visa information); consumer characteristics (e.g., sex, marital status, veteran status, race, disability, sexual orientation); professional or employment information (e.g., resume, cover letter, employment history, background check forms, references, certifications, transcripts and languages spoken); and inferences from personal information collected (e.g., a profile reflecting abilities and aptitudes).
The above categories of personal information are collected for the following business purposes: performing recruitment and hiring services; processing interactions and transactions (e.g., to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, managing the workforce); and security (e.g., detecting security incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity).
For additional details and questions, contact us at [email protected]