Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow their passions. That's one of the many reasons First United has been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009! Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our "Get Started" section to take your first step to being a part of First United.
Database Administrator II
The Database Administrator II (DBA II) will be a part of First United’s Data Architecture team, performing both database administration, ETL, and data migrations. The primary responsibility of this role will be managing, maintaining, and providing ongoing production support of existing company databases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide database administration support for various on-prem SQL Servers, Azure SQL Databases, and other database environments hosting critical applications.
- Perform administration tasks in development, QA, and production database environments, as well as performing SQL development tasks for automation.
- Develop and support ETL solutions between both internal and external systems, which requires active participation in refactoring efforts with the goal of making the ETL processes more stable and performant.
- Collaborate with support teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues with the ETL processes.
- Play a proactive role in current database/ETL operations, recommending best practices to supervisor in order to improve operations, as needed.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security (roles and permissions).
- Conduct database upgrades, automation, migration, patching, replication, capacity planning, script development.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as suggested by Supervisor.
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Some after-hours work will be expected.
- Travel up to 10% of the time, possible.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Knowledge & Abilities
- Database Lifecycle Management (DLM)
- Strong design theories, database architecture, database management & security best practices knowledge.
- Data warehousing (Dimensional Modeling, ETL etc.) and RDBMS concepts
- Database administration of SQL server databases with proactive approaches.
- Install, maintain, develop optimized databases.
- Strong Command of SQL, stored procedures, and triggers
- SSIS, SQL job configuration and API extraction methods
- Advanced working experience in SQL Query optimization and ETL tools, such as SSIS
- Shell scripting (working experience)
- SQL performance tuning and interpreting traces (proficient)
- Work in fast-paced fluid environment with minimum supervision
- Monitor alerts and job failures; efficiently and accurately remediate or escalate such failures as required
- Interpreting data traffic from applications
- Own the production environment with responsibility being 24/7
- Certification in SQL server administration and Azure cloud database administration.
- Experience in SQL Server analytical stack such as SSAS, SSRS in building data models and configuration of reporting platforms.
- Advanced programming experience.
- Working experience in SSAS multidimensional/tabular data model.
- Experience deploying machine learning models and automating processes in production.
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure).
- Hands on experience in either one of the leading BI tools like Tableau, Power BI etc.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree is required.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at [email protected] for assistance.