RSG is seeking a Data Visualization Software Engineer to join our employee-owned consulting practice to develop web software that is used by transportation planning agencies throughout the world. We are international leaders in developing transport models, data collection technologies, and analytical tools that inspire data visualization. This position is based in Portland, Oregon.
AS A DATA VISUALIZATION SOFTWARE ENGINEER
You create sophisticated and efficient tools that help decision-makers make informed decisions that impact our world. You work in small teams with RSG’s Software Engineers, Data Scientists and Modelers to design, implement, and support software. You like to solve challenging problems, care about building efficient, maintainable and legible software, and enjoy obtaining the domain knowledge needed to fully participate in the process of architecting innovative solutions. You fully engage in the appropriate architecture, tools, the organizational context and constraints in which the software will be used, and the challenge and discipline of building software that resists the ravages of time. You have strong written and verbal communication skills that enable you to communicate technical work clearly.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in website development and data visualization
- Experience with JavaScipt frameworks such Angular, Bootstrap, jQuery
- Excellent web design UI/UX and visual aesthetics
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing abilities
- Desire and ability to learn and understand the transport analytics domain
- Experience with JavaScipt data visualization frameworks such as D3, Kepler.gl
- Experience with software development tools such as GitHub, Continuous Integration, version control, testing, etc.
- Understanding of spatial data management technologies (GIS, etc.)
- 100% employee-owned company with employee stock ownership plan
- Award winning culture and workplace flexibility
- Competitive 401(k) with matching, medical with HSA, dental, vision, disability and other insurance coverage
- Many other unique benefits including floating holidays, lunch every Wednesday, paid volunteer time, fuel efficient vehicle purchase assistance, transit fare contribution and first-time homebuyer’s down payment assistance
RSG is not currently accepting H-1B applicants for this position. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled..
Please visit our employment page: http://rsginc.com/join-us