Make a difference in the lives of the 80 million people who live and work in the West and rely on power for their day-to-day lives. The Data Solutions Specialist is a valued member of the Information Systems and Technology team and works to turn technology opportunities into business success. In this role, you will work with other departments to gain a deeper understanding of the diverse sets of data used by and available to WECC. Using that knowledge, you will own the coordination, movement, enhancement, integration, quality, and availability of WECC’s data to improve business intelligence.
- Continually improve database design, availability, quality, usage, collection, and submittal processes.
- Secure, support, maintain, and update the data environment and various application databases in use.
- Document, maintain, enhance, and create new ETL packages, procedures, and scripts.
- Add value by providing business intelligence through reporting and integrations with vendor products through supported API and database interactions.
- Contribute to and be a member of the Information Systems and Technology team by looking for and embracing opportunities to learn and develop new skills.
You are a qualified candidate if you have—
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience that shows your ability to perform major duties.
- Five years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server databases, ETL of data using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- The ability to query data and draft reports using tools like Power BI, Power Query (M), DAX, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Excellent organizational, documentation, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to multi-task on time-sensitive projects, communicate, and work on a team.
- The ability to set and meet deadlines.
You are an EXCELLENT candidate if you have—
- Development experience using PowerShell, C#, Visual Studio, and version control.
- Experience with administration of Office 365, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM.
- Experience consuming data through REST, OData, and SOAP-based XML web services.
- An understanding of Active Directory and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
Salary and Benefits
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with relevant experience as well as the responsibilities of the position. WECC offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid personal time.
The Why of WECC
Electricity is an integral part of the fabric of modern society. WECC strengthens that fabric to preserve and improve society’s future.
At WECC, we are building a CULTURE that helps us to deliver on our mission and supports personal and professional growth and fulfillment.
Some of our non-traditional benefits are:
- A vibrant, downtown work environment with plenty of places to eat, things to do, and ways to get around;
- A “dress for your day” policy;
- Opportunities for training and professional growth; and
- Workplace in an iconic building listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Be a part of something that matters!
For consideration, qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter including salary history on the WECC Careers page.