We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join our team. The Data Scientist will analyze cybersecurity data, develop reports, and troubleshoot data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases in a cybersecurity environment; preferably in a large organization.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analyst if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- 7+ years of relevant technology experience.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in related field.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- One or more of the following certifications:
o Tableau, MCP, CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH), SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, CCNA, CCNP
- Candidate must be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- Candidate must be local to the Raleigh-Durham, NC area
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree; Science, Business, Education, Training, HR or related field (Master’s Preferred) or be able to substitute relevant work experience.
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Morrisville, NC
Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website and connect with us on LinkedIn.
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.