- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other Quantitative field (e.g. Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Statistics) or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Java, data management (ETL/SQL), intersecting scripting (Python) or other data or scripting language and reporting and analytics (Tableau).
- Experience in database design and front end web development.
As a Data Engineer, you are responsible for developing and maintaining the AVS Certification team, dashboards, and reports used by hundreds of internal users. This is done by leveraging data from Jira, Portal, Sales force and other tools. You must be able to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands. You will need to be able to effectively communicate with users in AVS organization. You’re a problem solver with drive and creativity who is constantly seeking to make our processes and systems better, faster and more efficient. You will be responsible for ensuring that all needs have been captured, documented, and signed-off on by appropriate parties. You will then translate those specifications into useful, accurate solutions in a timely manner.
- Maintain internal reporting platforms/tools including troubleshooting and development. Interact with internal users to establish and clarify requirements in order to develop report specifications.
- Provide data for ad hoc requests, answer questions about the team’s dashboards and tables and lead training for users.
- Work with Engineering partners to help shape and implement the development of BI infrastructure including Data Warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms.
- Contribute to the development of the BI tools, skills, culture and impact.
- Write advanced SQL queries and Python code to develop solutions.
- 2 years of experience in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence and reporting fundamentals, or equivalent.
- Experience with providing solutions and client-services.
- Experience transforming complex data sets. Experience in evaluating data accuracy and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to understand new datasets and data structures.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and apply initiative and creativity on challenging projects.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analytical skills combined with strong business acumen.
- Jira, Salesforce experience is preferred.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation