Job Title Data Designer
Reports To Director of Service and Support
The Data Designer is the primary data engineering and design authority, overseeing the process of accurately and efficiently acquiring customer data, transforming it as required and transferring it to
BuildOn’s relevant application platforms.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the BuildOn Sales Team during the customer acquisition process.
- Act as Technical Data Lead during the entire customer onboarding/implementation process.
- Analyze, document, and communicate customer processes and data for eventual consumption in relevant BuildOn applications.
- Develop strategies for the acquisition of customer data for use in relevant BuildOn applications.
- Direct a cross functional team of customer data specialists and web content managers to transform product data from the customer’s format for optimal presentation in VEO Design Studio.
- Develop automated processes using data transformation tooling and techniques to quickly and accurately manage large data sets for upload into customers’ VEO Design Studio product catalog and the supporting Echelon Estimating and Pricing systems.
- Collaborate with BuildOn customers to meet their requirements for catalog product presentation while simultaneously empowering the BuildOn support team to manage data quickly and efficiently.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Applications with a heavy focus on data transformation and management
- Must be proficient in Data Transformation tooling (Excel, etc.)
- SQL experience or other equivalent experience related to database technologies
- Enjoys large amounts of detailed, computer-based work
- Experience communicating technical topics to non-technical stakeholders is a plus
- Comfortable in client facing meetings
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must work efficiently and effectively both independently and as a team
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- History working with non-technical personnel in a technical environment
- 40-hour work week required
- Cubicle Environment
- Travel as needed
- Standard office environment
- No direct reports
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place