Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner Vista Equity Partners, a leading global technology investor with $44 billion in capital commitments. Vista Consulting Group, a key differentiator in Vista’s investment approach, deploys subject matter experts to partner with company executives to transform our market-leading software and technology companies.
Fundamental to VCG’s success is the BOSS team, or Business Operations and System Standards. BOSS team members work with our companies to transform their operations through the implementation of scalable and repeatable business processes that lay the foundation for executing Vista’s Best Practices. We are a work hard/play hard team comprised of driven and knowledgeable consultants who are hungry to drive positive change across the Vista portfolio.
Due to exponential growth in demand for our services, the BOSS Team is currently looking for experienced Data Consultants with an eye for detail. The ideal candidates will have a mix of strategic, tactical, and technical skills plus a high degree of business acumen as they will be expected to partner with Sales, Finance, Support, Services, and Marketing leaders. The core mission of this role is partner with Vista companies to map existing systems, extract data and develop and execute migration plans that are instrumental in the success of our business transformation initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and map legacy systems and data structures, creating critical artifacts and documentation for the broader project team
- Partner with project team to map future state data flows and determine data transformation requirements to meet future system needs
- Develop and execute “go live” data migration plans, ensuring high fidelity and on-time system cutover events
- Become an expert on Vista Best Practices and how VCG implements business systems to enable them
- Drive or participate in internal initiatives to improve VCG and Business Applications tools, processes, quality and results
Skills & Requirements
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or equivalent experience. Accounting, Finance and other technical or business degrees will be considered.
- 2 to 10 years of experience working in a systems or data-focused role
- Expertise in ETL processes, including setting up AWS-based database instances as required to complete project requirements as effectively as possible
- Knowledge or ability to learn various databases and system technologies, including but not limited to Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, DBAmp, Celigo, Boomi, Tibco IPaaS, Pentaho, Salesforce, NetSuite, and Marketo
- Familiarity with Sales, Order to Cash, Support and Professional Services business processes is preferred but not required
- Willingness to consistently travel 2-3 nights per week, 2 weeks per month