Doing the right thing is a way of life at Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP). For more than 225,000 members of our unique, physician-founded health care organization, we provide innovative health insurance coverage and personalized attention to individuals of all ages and business of all sizes throughout Western and rural Colorado. As a part of UnitedHealth Group, we've enhanced our offerings through sophisticated tools and technologies, superior customer service and a commitment to striving to improve the health and wellness of our Members and partners in the state where we live, work, and play because we’re Colorado, too. From a career perspective you couldn't do better. We’re all about quality and making a difference. And can make our opportunities your opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The DBA is responsible for supporting corporate objectives by utilizing advanced knowledge to plan, develop, design, implement, and maintain company wide databases and data structures using technical knowledge and data expertise to achieve business and informational goals.
- Use advanced DBA skills to design and implement systems/programs to determine application data access requirements, transaction rates, volume analysis and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated databases. Monitor the system's development activities as they relate to the database development effort, develop specific objectives, set standards and suggest procedures that support data integrity
- Utilize project management to plan, develop, coordinate, monitor, report and evaluate program/initiatives within the scope of this position. Monitor the system’s development activities as they relate to the database development effort. Develop specific objectives and set standards. Suggest procedures that support data integrity
- Plan, schedule and assign tasks to personnel as required to assure orderly additions and/or changes to the database
- Provide analysis and design activities ensuring the development and maintenance of databases. Work with others on matters relating to process improvement and programming issues
- Maintain advanced level knowledge of database information and requirements for maximizing database potential to design and implement accurate, secure and efficient databases. Ensure that databases are designed to meet requirements at the lowest possible costs
- Assure the timely completion of the database projects and estimated costs
- Provide assistance as required for database design, implementation and troubleshooting
- Exceed standards and maintain documentation
- Assist in the identification and resolution of production and/or applications development problems related to the use of the database management system software or utilities
- Assist in preparing annual budget and establishing controls to stay within the specified limits of that budget, contributing to cost-effective operation of the company
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field, or the combination of education and experience that would enable performance of the full scope of the position
- 5+ years of progressive experience as a Data Base Administrator working with relational Databases (MS-SQL Server and Oracle)
- Hands-on experience with traditional DBA functions – database maint, perf tuning of production databases
- Some on-call support on a rotational basis (3 person team)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working with SSIS
- Experience working with T-SQL and PL/SQL
- Healthcare industry experience
Careers at RMHP / UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Data Base Administrator, Rocky Mountain Health Plans, UHC, Relational Database, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, SQL Server, Database Maintenance, Performance Tuning, On Call Support, Grand Junction, CO, Colorado