Who we are
Data Driven is a boutique consulting company located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, right off the Red Line. Our mission is to help clients make better business decisions that are backed by data and measurable evidence. We take pride in solving hard problems that exist at the intersection of technology and business. We are a diverse group of people with different backgrounds and interests: cognitive science, data engineering, data science, startups, and physics. Our deep experience and intellectual curiosity is what makes us different.
What we value
- Diversity: We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our team. We fundamentally know that we will do better work by bringing people with different backgrounds and experiences together.
- Flexibility: We provide a flexible work environment. We don’t believe in punching in and out at certain times–we believe in doing great work. We sometimes work from home, come in late if we have to drop our kids off at school, or work the hours we are most productive.
- Learning: We don’t expect you to know everything. We want to work with smart people who are excited to learn new things. We take great pride in teaching and we want you to level up during your time with us. Everyone at the company continues learning and we value investing in personal growth.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Data Analyst to work with our clients as a critical participant in their journey to implement and adopt various business intelligence tools. This will require you to understand each client’s needs from an organizational, process, and technological perspective.
There are two critical components of your work: development and education. The development component of your work will include work like designing data models on top of clients’ SQL database(s), optimizing for performance, or building actionable data reports. The education component of your work will include building and leading trainings for various roles that will develop and use the BI tool and supporting curriculum development for internal and external e-learning services.
What we’ll teach you
- To teach technical data modeling and analysis concepts to a variety of audiences such as developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals.
- Assess requirements and define use cases for various teams within the client company.
- Develop a data model around the client’s use cases to capture KPIs and data transformations.
- Take a consultative role and guide clients on optimizing their data environment to work most effectively and efficiently. This may include advising on database performance, altering the ETL process, providing SQL transformations, discussing API integration, and rethinking the approach of certain KPIs.
What you bring
- Excellent communication skills:
- Verbal: You’re going to be interfacing directly with our clients one-on-one.
- Written: You will be moving projects along through email kick-offs, wrap-ups, and delivery reports.
- Attention to Detail: You are able to notate the specifics of a project so that you can seamlessly manage multiple clients.
- Adaptability: You possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams.
- Curiosity and Investigative Spirit: You always want to learn more, take ownership, and make our processes better. You have a passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights.
- Technical Knowledge: You are familiar with SQL. You have an analytical mindset and enjoy problem solving.
- Logistics: Willing to work from our offices in Davis Square, Somerville.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity