Job Title: Cyber Security Advisor – Application Security
Job Requisition Number: RC267239
Category: Information Technology
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Plano, Texas 75024
To apply for this position, please upload a current copy of your resume and complete the required screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CT) on October 27, 2020.
The Application Security organization is growing, as we expand focus on evaluating the security posture of FedEx Enterprise applications and systems, providing security design consultation and remediation guidance. If you are passionate about application security, innovating, and making a real difference in FedEx’s global security posture, please apply for this position.
- Under general supervision responsible for creating cyber-intelligence solutions to prevent internal or external attacks or attempts to infiltrate company email, data, e-commerce and web-based systems. Implement and support technologies deployed across application, network/perimeter, data, endpoint, identity & access, and mobility domains.
- Researches attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security and designs countermeasures.
- Provides information to management regarding the negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and systems.
Additional Job Details:
- This position will primarily focus on supporting a comprehensive enterprise application security engineering and services program.
- Work jointly with application development teams, product architects and other security domain subject matter experts to review application architecture and design.
- Able to articulate security posture of applications and provide recommendations through internal assessments.
- Design, recommend, plan, develop and support implementation (especially through automation) of security solutions.
- Monitor industry security threats, identify potential security exposures that may currently exist or may pose a potential future threat to our company.
- Adapt, respond to environment and priorities; manage deadlines and projects.
Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus:
- 7+ years in hands-on development/engineering work experience, or 5+ hands-on security work experience.
- Experience with methodologies and tools, for threat analysis of complex systems, such as threat modeling.
- Knowledge and experience with modern programming languages, frameworks, operating systems, and network.
- Experience with securing applications deployed on cloud platforms (Google, Microsoft, Oracle), container technologies (Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Docker).
- Experience working in an Agile environment, implementing and integrating security tools into CI/CD.
- Ability to learn and retain new skills in a changing technical environment.
- Understanding of major security frameworks (such as OWASP, CWE, SANS, NIST, etc.) and associated prevention techniques.
- Familiarity with industry standards, guidelines, and regulatory compliance requirements related to information security and cloud computing.
- Experience with one or many security testing methodologies (SAST, DAST, SCA, Penetration Testing, etc.).
- Work independently (when needed) with ability to identify, reproduce and report security issues.
- Strong collaboration skills but being uncompromising when it comes to getting security right.
- Security certifications (CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, etc.) or willingness to obtain within 1 year of start date.
Domicile / Relocation:
- The domicile location is Collierville, Tennessee and Plano, Texas. The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business needs.
- Relocation assistance may also be available based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Five (5) years of experience in IT information security.
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference? Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible? Want to grow and develop on the job? If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 400,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer.
Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years:
- Fortune “World’s Most Admired Companies” – 2019
- Forbes “Best Employers for Diversity” – 2019
- Reputation Institute “World’s Most Reputable Companies” – 2019
- National Business Inclusion Consortium “Best-of-the-Best Corporations for Inclusion” – 2019
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council “America’s Top Corporations for Women’s Business Enterprises” – 2018
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine “100 Best Corporate Citizens” – 2018
- Black Enterprise “50 Best Companies For Diversity” – 2018
When 400,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click ‘Apply’ and tell us more about yourself.
EEO Statement – FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce.