- Complete working knowledge of all US Customs Compliance Rules and Regulations.
- Knowledge of related trade legislation, rules, and regulations.
- Experience in implementing compliance processes.
- Experience with Cargowise1 preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Some working knowledge of Foreign Trade Zones, bonded warehouses, inbond procedures.
- Leadership and supervisory experience.
- Creative Thinking
- Customer Driven
- Open to Change
- Open to Learning
- Team Player
- Coaching & Development
- Effective Communication
- Proactive Planning & Organization
Education And/Or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3 – 7 years previous US Customs Brokerage Experience or related experience in International Trade, Import Operations Customs Brokerage and US Customs Laws; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications: US Customs Brokers License
Language Skills: Ability to:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Speak effectively to customers on the telephone
- Fluency in a language other than English is desirable although not essential.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to:
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to:
- Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel: 10% +/- or “as needed”