Why this is a fantastic opportunity
We are a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. Our One Team Behaviors demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
- Minimum 7 years of customer success or account servicing experience with complex, enterprise solutions to Fortune 1000 companies; 10+ years preferred
- Multi-year track record of over-achievement
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple customers, developing opportunities and exceeding new business targets
- Proven consultative sales abilities and proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborating across multiple departments and influencing all levels within an organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience required
- Prior payments knowledge preferred
- Success in a start-up experience and/or sales role a plus
- Expertise In servicing across all products, familiarity with the product portfolio, ability to ensure latest integrations, and translating product capabilities into key merchant drivers
- Demonstrate specific expertise on the use and optimization of branded products; knowledge of PayPal unbranded products, and is able to identify opportunities for product fit based on merchant value drivers and technical capabilities
Prospecting & Pipeline management
- Ability to set clear definitions and provide evidence of account success
- Experience creating and updating 1-2 year communication plans to grow merchant relationships, including using internal reporting and identifying opportunity for improvement and enhancement
- Ability to provide sales teams information to support pipeline and prospecting activities
- Experience creating an action plan to grow and secure business in existing merchants
Merchant Orientation & Relationship Management
- Experience identifying key merchant objectives and challenges, build trust and credibility quickly, and build enduring relationships
- Ability to confidently present standard solutions, explaining business value over phone or in person
- Ability to complete high quality internal and external reporting requirements
- Primary relationship owner after merchant live to site
- Develop strategic relationships with merchant decision makers, including CTO and product owners
- Partner with merchant to develop strategy, build trust, and demonstrate value of PayPal
- Develop Customer Success Plans with key merchant contacts
- Develop and facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews with merchants
- Occasional travel
Proactive value delivery and portfolio growth
- Proactively deliver value to merchants through ongoing use and optimization of existing products
- Advocate for merchant with internal teams, including product, technical support, etc…
- Manage existing portfolio growth by reviewing merchant operating model and identifying expansion opportunities
- Deliver against non revenue-bearing opportunities
- Handover revenue-bearing opportunities to sales and provide support during the sales process of inorganic growth
- Drive merchant retention through ongoing relationship management and churn mitigation/negotiation
Address servicing roadblocks
- Provide reactive servicing for production outages, refund approvals, brand risk product escalations, chargeback adjudications, etc.
- Address compliance, risk, and regulatory concerns, field incoming reporting and reconciliation questions, and address questions and complete formal analyses on declines and interchange
- Complete periodic underwriting review
- Manage cross-functional teams (including TAMs) to execute servicing needs
- Conduct and manage co-marketing campaigns
- Make a highly positive impact on culture and team – work well with others, share learnings, build trust, and lead by example
- Seek ways to constantly improve, absorb, and apply coaching from management to field activities
Key competencies of a Customer Success Manager – Develop at PayPal
- Trusted advisor and proactive partner
- Ability to build strategic working relationships
- Strong planner / organizer
- Ability to communicate, listen, and influence
- Adaptable / quick learner
- Strategy, product, and technical acumen and expertise
Diversity is the catalyst of innovation. We’re committed to empowering talented people from every background and perspective to thrive. And we are proud to be recognized on Fortune’s 2018 list of Most Admired Companies.
Some more information on PayPal
Our latest Financials
The worlds most admired companies
Job_Description_Summary: You will be the primary owner of strategic relationships with key leaders in merchant organizations. You will uncover and address servicing roadblocks and mitigate escalations while identifying new and cross-sell/upsell opportunities for PayPal, working closely in partnership with Sales. You will also act as the internal merchant advocate with other teams (e.g. Product). With the ability to be a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to merchants, you will manage customer relationships with merchants whose potential value exceeds their current value to PayPal. You will drive adoption of new integrations, conduct regular outbound contact to deliver merchant education and best-practice sharing, and you will proactively review merchants’ operating environments, including competitive threats on the account. Your research and problem-solving skills will help merchants manage health, mitigate risk, and identify products that align to their strategic goals. Your success in this role will be measured through customer satisfaction, integration quality, increasing sales opportunities, and decline/churn prevention.
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.