- Service and sell our product portfolio of integrated communications services.
- Personally represent CenturyLink as a full-throttle, next-generation technology company.
- Deliver the future of voice, data, internet, entertainment, and cloud services to our customers.
- Serve the customer at all levels. Provide the customer with the best customer service. Foster excellence in customer relationships.
- Convey a positive, professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company’s products and service options to our customers.
- Make decision as to the type of repair required at the customer premise. Determine whether to repair or replace equipment as needed.
- Inspect customer premises to determine the appropriate method of installation or repair.
- Work closely with the dispatch center for work assignments and service orders.
- Carry out all work in the safest possible manner.
- Be prepared and enjoy working outside in all types of weather conditions.
- Assist other technical personnel in the field when requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license, with a satisfactory driving record.
- Full participation and successful completion of paid classroom training.
- Willingness and drive to continually keep up with changes in broadband technology and CenturyLink product offerings.
- Best in class customer service skills to develop strong relationships with CenturyLink customers.
- Strong communication skills – ability to explain technical issues to customers clearly.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously, with a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Highly motivated technician, with a proven record of outstanding productivity.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical and practical issues daily.
- Flexibility and ability work individual or as team as customer needs dictate.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems to install and repair customer networking products.
- Experience within the last 5 (five) years installing, maintaining, repairing and/or testing any of the following residential or small business broadband products: high speed internet, phone lines, home theatre, wireless networks, cable TV, satellite TV, sound/audio installs, closed circuit TV, security alarm or fire alarm systems.
- Experience cabling (CAT5 or Coax) various electronic components (e.g., routers, TVs, gaming consuls, stereo systems and home entertainment systems).
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities, including but not limited to, lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds and working aloft.
- Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather).
- Ability to bend, stand, sit, crawl, climb and lift throughout the day as the job requires it.
- Ability to climb and work at varying elevations (e.g., from ladders, poles, lift trucks) exceeding 18 feet.
- Ability to work in confined spaces (e.g., attics, crawl spaces, utility holes).
Alternate Location: US-Wyoming-Torrington
Requisition #: 210783
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.