Customer Service Specialists are responsible for learning and understanding the entire front-end process to ensure successful service for our patients. The Customer Service Specialists works in a fast-paced environment answering inbound calls and making outbound calls. Maybe responsible for obtaining, analyze, and verify the accuracy of information received from referrals, create orders, and or schedule the patient to receive equipment as ordered by their doctor. Customer Service Specialists should educate Patients of their financial responsibility when applicable.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of current products and services offered by the company
- Answer all calls and emails in a timely manner, in adherence to their goals
- Document all call information according to standard operating procedures
- Answer questions about products and services, retail stores, general service line information and other information as necessary based on customer call needs
- Process orders, route calls to appropriate resource, and follow up on customer calls where necessary
- Review all required documentation to ensure accuracy
- Accurately process, verify, and/or submit documentation and orders
- Complete insurance verification to determine patient’s eligibility, coverage, co-insurances, and deductibles
- Obtain pre-authorization if required by an insurance carrier and process physician orders to insurance carriers for approval and authorization when required
- Must be able to navigate through multiple online EMR systems to obtain applicable documentation
- Enter and review all pertinent information in EMR system including authorizations and expiration dates
- Communicate with Customer Service and Management on an on-going basis regarding any noticed trends with insurance companies
- Verify insurance carriers are listed in the company’s database system, if not request the new carrier is entered
- Responsible for contacting patient when documentation received does not meet payer guidelines to provide updates and offer additional options to facilitate the referral process.
- Meet quality assurance requirements and other key performance metrics
- Facilitate resolution on customer complaints and problem solving
- Pays attention to detail and has great organizational skills
- Actively listens to patients and handle stressful situations with compassion and empathy
- Flexible with the actual work and the hours of operation
- Utilize company provided tools to maintain quality. Some tools may include but are not limited to Authorization Guidelines, Insurance Guidelines, Fee Schedules, NPI (National Provider Identifier), PECOS (the Medicare Provider Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System) and “How-To” documents
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of current HME products and services offered by the company.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and function within the guidelines of HIPAA.
- Completes assigned compliance training and other educational programs as required.
- Maintains compliant with AdaptHealth’s Compliance Program.
- Assist operations with on-call responsibilities as needed during non-business hours in accordance with company policy.
- Depending on the geographic territory and size of the branch location, may require assisting operations with deliveries.
- Retain knowledge of and consistently adhere to procedures for the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), infection control and hazardous materials handling.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Competency, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Decision Making
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Solid ability to learn new technologies and possess the technical aptitude required to understand flow of data through systems as well as system interaction
- General knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Commercial health plan methodologies and documentation requirements preferred.
- Work well independently and as part of a group
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a rapidly changing environment, be patient, accountable, proactive, take initiative and work effectively on a team
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year work related experience in health care administrative, financial, or insurance customer services, claims, billing, call center or management regardless of industry.
- Senior level requires two (2) years of work-related experience and one (1) year of exact job experience.
- Exact job experience is considered any of the above tasks in a Medicare certified.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Work environment may be stressful at times, as overall office activities and work levels fluctuate
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stretch, stand, and sit for extended periods of time
- Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to computer screen
- Ability to perform repetitive motions of wrists, hands, and/or fingers due to extensive computer use
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds as needed
- May be exposed to angry or irate customers or patients.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials, loud noise, extreme heat/cold, direct, or indirect contact with airborne, bloodborne, and/or another potentially infectious pathogen.
- This position if primarily performed within an office building.
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with customers with the ability to demonstrate empathy, compassion, courtesy, and respect for privacy
Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5pmEST
Monday through Friday, 9:30am – 6pmEST
Monday through Friday, 11:30am – 8pmEST
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Answer incoming customer inquiries
- Collaborate with management teams to stay updated on new products, services, and policies
- Record customer information within our customer service database
- Engage with clients in a friendly and professional manner while actively listening to their concerns
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture