The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for answering and responding to incoming calls, for scheduling inspections and service, and for performing a variety of administrative tasks. As the first person a customer may come in contact with, the CSR has the responsibility of promoting the highest level of friendliness, helpfulness, professionalism and efficiency.The Customer Service Representative reports to the Branch/General Manager and does not supervise any employees.
Experience, Education, and Skills Required
High school diploma or equivalent required. Previous experience operating a multi line phone system required. Previous experience in administrative customer service position required. Ability to project friendly, warm, helpful and professional demeanor required. Excellent verbal communication skills required. Must be multi-task oriented, flexible and willing to please. Must be well organized and detail oriented. Numerical aptitude and computer proficiency (spreadsheet and word processing) required. Good grammar and ability to communicate clearly and with a smile required. Must possess ability to interact with others in a professional, enthusiastic manner. Must possess ability to operate general office equipment.
Position Functions and Duties
- Answer all incoming telephone calls in a professional, pleasing manner. Take appropriate action by transferring call, paging desired party, or taking a message.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with customers. Ensure high level of customer service is maintained at all times and that all needs are met. Address any concerns/issues/problems immediately and resolve to the extent possible. Defer any open issues to management.
- Schedule customers for service or inspections. Provide sales professional or pest control technicians with scheduling details.
- Reschedule customers when necessary and immediately notified pest control technicians or sales professional of schedule change.
- Maintain customer files in an organized, up to date manner.
- Receive calls from other employees and field any questions. Follow up to provide information as needed.
- Ensure customer database is up to date. Correct customer data as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Research payment histories or information as requested. Verify invoices or payments for accuracy.
- Assist with entering accounts payable and receivable data into computer system.
- Call customers to follow up on past due invoices. Communicate information to obtain timely payment.
- Stay abreast of current industry trends, products, and equipment.
- Assist with maintaining office equipment. Notify management of any problems with computers, phones, copiers or other equipment.
- Distribute faxes, mail and other information to appropriate person.
- Assist with researching data, making phone calls, and preparing reports, letters, and general correspondence, as needed.
- Attend meetings and perform other administrative tasks as required.
- Perform all other duties assigned.
Typical Physical and Mental Demands
Requires constant (67%-100%) sitting for long periods of time. Requires occasional (0%-33%) walking and standing. Requires frequent (34%-66%) use of the telephone and movement about the building. Requires occasional lifting up to (25) pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires occasional bending and reaching to file and retrieve file information. Requires ability to communicate clearly. Requires ability to work in front of computer monitor and on keyboard for extended periods of time.
Typical Working Conditions
Requires constant contact with customers and co-workers. Work is performed in air-conditioned/heated facility. Majority of work is performed at a desk.
Must possess working knowledge of office machines and equipment including, but not limited to, computers, printers, calculators, copier, facsimile machine, and multi line phone system.
This description may not be all-inclusive, and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Position descriptions and duties may be modified whenever deemed appropriate by management.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $14.00 /hour
Communication method(s) used:
Overtime often available:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: