This position reports to the Branch Coordinator and works under general supervision to perform specialized clerical work. Work involves organizing, analyzing, processing and maintaining operating, financial, statistical and other specialized reports and records pertaining to departmental functions.
Pay Grade: 43 Minimum Qualifications
100.00% – 1. Three (3) years of experience in appropriate clerical, bookkeeping, data processing, or statistical work; and graduation from an accredited high school with a diploma or possess a GED; OR
2. Two (2) years of experience in appropriate clerical, bookkeeping, data processing, or statistical work; and one (1) year of college study (30 semester hours or 36 quarters).
3. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides customer service by issuing and processing transactions related to motor vehicle applications, registrations, business tax and licenses, certificates, permits, and other such functions.
2. Registers and distributes various certificates, licenses, titles, and permits in person and/or by mail for various businesses.
3. Greets customers and answers questions concerning work functions, e.g., motor vehicle registration, business licenses and notary. Explains departmental policies and procedures.
4. Replaces or reissues lost or stolen plates, certificates, licenses or other documents applicable to departmental procedures.
5. Organizes all documents relating to licenses, certificates, vehicle title, and registration to provide legal support for the handling of such transactions.
6. Ensures completion and accuracy of applications. Sorts, files, and maintains control records. Operates office machines.
7. Develops, processes, and posts records and reports relative to business licenses and permits.
8. Collects fees and other required monetary charges related to department specific services and processes.
9. Balances cash drawers, calculates and records daily revenues received, and prepares daily reports as required for balance sheet, deposits for bank, etc.
10. Researches records of Traffic Violation Bureau for late renewals.
11. Performs other related duties as required or directed. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KSAs and Others – 1. Knowledge of the laws and procedures applicable to Motor Vehicle Registration and Business Tax.
2. Ability to research Register”s system for microfilmed certified copies.
3. Knowledgeable of departmental procedures and documents required for various applications.
4. Ability to focus, apply attentive detail and multi-task.
5. Ability to become proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, familiarity with computerized databases.
6. Knowledgeable of Business English and math, and the ability to perform simple arithmetic computations.
7. Ability to thoroughly communicate and explain laws and procedures to the public with courtesy and tact.
8. Ability to plan, organize and maintain an even flow of work.
9. Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely and effectively, verbally and in writing.
10. Ability to resolve problematic situations. Special Requirements
Must pass a PCI background investigation (local and national background check).