Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers – to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for account management activities including: order entry, comprehensive order management and invoicing; providing a single point of contact to ensure a consistent customer experience.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enters information real time into order management system
- Verifies order, pricing and delivery expectations
- Coordinates fulfillment and transportation of order
- Communicates order status directly to customer
- Tracks and confirms delivery and initiates invoicing
- Recognizes and responds to new / additional client opportunities
- Exceeds customer expectations by delivering exceptional customer service
- Builds and sustains long term partnership with client
- Responsive to client needs and escalates when appropriate
- Maintains up-to-date detailed information on customers account
- Proactively reaches out to account contacts to ensure client has appropriate stock
- Offers client transportation options for fulfillment
- Participates in client meetings
- Builds rapport with internal customers including: sales, operations, and supply chain
- Understands and adheres to Univar’s mission statement and company values
- Timely and concise communication via phone, email and fax
- Follows through with commitments, instilling confidence in Univar’s capabilities
- Ability to produce thorough documentation
- Practice active listening skills
- Ability to manage time sensitive, high stress scenarios
- Strong problem solving skills –considers full range of options to find solutions and makes decisions to resolve the situation
- Ability to handle multiple orders in progress at the same time
- Ability to learn customer’s product base and customer requirements
- Chemical industry knowledge and experience with oil, gas, and mining preferred
- Knowledge of transportation and third party logistics preferred
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions:
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Ability to adapt to ever changing client requests
- Responding to time sensitive high stress situations
- Time zone support for remote client operations
- Ability to work occasional late evenings and weekends as needed
- Rotate on-call duties acting as central point of contact for client management
- High school diploma or equivalent experience preferred, and demonstrated performance of appropriate entry level skills.
- Account management skills
- Billing / invoicing, Accounts Receivable
- Intermediate math – Conversions such as pounds to gallons, kilograms to pounds
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.