Why you'll love this job
What you'll do
- Promotes and sells air travel to the traveling public or freight forwarders.
- Provides assistance with passenger check-in and cargo acceptance.
- Interprets government rules and requirements for domestic and international travel or cargo shipments.
- Meets and dispatches aircraft within established times.
- Provides assistance to distressed passengers and customers.
- Protects company property and revenue.
- Provides for safe travel.
- Possesses the physical ability and dexterity to use motor skills to perform various job-related tasks.
- Uses organizational skills to perform multiple tasks within a limited time period.
- Is self-motivated and requires minimal supervision.
- Responds and assists during security and emergency situations.
- Follows internal/external policies and procedures.
- May be required to drive and operate air stairs up to various types of aircraft in order to enplane and deplane passengers.
- May be required to perform Passenger Operation Control functions including air to ground communication as well as Tower functions.
- Depending on airport location this position may work in various weather conditions.
- Due to flight operations Customer Service Agents work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays.
All you'll need for success
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Bilingual language skills required in some locations
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Working knowledge of Sabre or any other Passenger Service System
- Previous face to face Customer Service experience
- Working in a fast pace environment
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
- Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate