Swiss Water Decaffeinated Coffee Inc. is an innovative, growing and socially conscious company that believes consumers deserve a choice in how caffeine is removed from their coffee. The high quality and sustainable Swiss Water® Process uses water and proprietary carbon technology to extract caffeine—never chemical solvents, the predominant method used globally. The result is green coffee that maintains its origin characteristics and is 99.9% caffeine-free, ready to be roasted by leading coffee roasters and brand owners throughout the world.
Our Seattle office is growing! You’ll be joining our Seattle-based Sales and Marketing team in our new space overlooking Lake Union near Gas Works Park. We value a casual, collaborative and fun environment, where every employee contributes to our success. Do you love doing the foundational heavy lifting of coordination, organization and administration to enable your team’s and the company’s broader success? If you want to be part of a dynamic company, have a strong work ethic, and this sounds like a great fit, we want to hear from you.
- Manage the customer order process from inquiry to delivery. Follow-up to ensure all orders in the system are effectively managed to meet agreed-to expectations consistent with our goals and objectives
- Manage specific customer accounts as assigned (direct and in-direct), and provide back-up coverage to the team as necessary.
- Quote inventory and pricing linked to availability, production timing, and pricing strategies
- Identify and pursue opportunities to up-sell and add value
- Timely communication with customers to maintain contact frequency, customer satisfaction and loyalty while addressing and/or identifying issues and opportunities
- Maintain an understanding of available sales and marketing programs and leverage where appropriate to build customer sales and loyalty
- Maintain key contact files
- Attend trade shows and industry events to strengthen existing customer relationships, generate leads and promote the benefits of the SWISS WATER® Process
- Contribute to continuous improvement both personally and for the benefit of the organization
- Participate in regular team planning sessions regarding existing (direct and in-direct) and potential new customers.
- Assist in achieving volume targets. Work with customers to ensure consistency in ordering and meeting established objectives.
- 2+ years Sales and/or Order Entry experience, ideally in food and beverage industry
- Post-secondary degree preferred
- 1 year of coffee industry experience preferred
- Efficient, accurate, detail oriented and well organized
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, exercise good judgment and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer focus and relationship-building skills: a professional “people-person” who willingly engages with others
- Problem solving and opportunity identification skills
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, exercise good judgment and multi-task in a fast paced
You are expected to:
- Travel up to 4 times per year for up to 1 week at a time
- Manage customer orders from initial contact to completion on delivery
- Interacts with all levels within the organization
- Interacts with current and potential customers. Establishes an external network to maintain up to date information within the industry.