Sunrun’s expanding customer care team is looking for customer-centric team-members to join our mission!
*Limited seats are still available in our June new hire training classes. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply asap*
The Customer Care Representative position provides professional, quality, and “best in class” service for existing and prospective customers by using a consultative approach that reflects the culture and philosophies of Sunrun. This position involves activities including but not limited to inbound and outbound phone calls, email, live chat, letter, fax, data entry, and social media.
This role is responsible for facilitating, analyzing, and resolving customer issues, providing product support and following up to resolve concerns in an accurate and timely manner.
- Serves as a company ambassador by delivering a high level of professionalism and quality through the delivery of exceptional customer service and support by utilizing strong verbal and written communication skills and effective telephone techniques.
- Troubleshoots and problem solves customer’s issues or concerns by providing solutions, recommendations, replacements, gathering of sensitive information, and/or detailed product information with a sense of urgency while using a positive and empathic approach at all times.
- Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records with a high attention to detail to ensure accurate data is entered in CRM and other technology as needed.
- Completes daily tasks within pre-established timelines by appropriately prioritizing multiple tasks within or across projects or cross functional teams with minimal direction from management.
- Meets all identified team and client performance metrics, goals and deadlines in a fast paced, ever changing, high performing team based environment. Provides back up support to other teams as needed.
- Takes the initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge.
- Builds relationships and works closely with customers, co-workers, and all levels of the organization in a positive manner to supply necessary updates and reporting as needed.
- Recommends improvements to management in service, product, procedures, and/or packaging to support operational excellence or to prevent future issues of a similar nature.
- Report any training needs or system error/discrepancies to supervisor.
- Complete other tasks as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Regular attendance, punctuality and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability are conditions of employment and essential function of this position.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, build relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating negative information.
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain composure while diffusing and professionally negotiating a high-tension situation on a routine basis. Strong retention skills with the ability to follow a process flow and/or script as needed.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities, multi task effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to remain focused and productive with tasks that may be repetitive. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid logical decision making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate persons and follow up accordingly with the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality by handling sensitive and private customer information in accordance to Sunrun’s policies and regulatory requirements.
- Embraces change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics, work independently, as a team player, and drives results in a fast paced, team based environment. Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships to achieve company and department goals.
- Ability to accept and apply coaching and feedback from leadership.
- Proven track record of reliability and a strong work ethic is a must.
- 2-5 years of customer service experience.
- Desirable: Real estate experience, finance background, customer care experience, familiarity with Salesforce
- Friendly, fun, high-energy work culture
- Contests, competitions, and generous spiffs
- Medical (including PPO, HMO and HSA options), Dental and Vision coverage
- Life insurance coverage at no cost to employees
- 401K retirement account options
- Lots of free Sunrun swag
- The opportunity to work for a company that’s disrupting an industry, and changing the world
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for up to eight hours, and stand. Manual dexterity which allows the individual to use hands to type on a keyboard, use a mouse and write are required, as is the ability to talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WHO WE ARE:
Sunrun is the leading player in the home solar market. We help homeowners replace electricity they would otherwise purchase from the utility company with clean, attractively priced energy produced by a solar system that Sunrun owns and operates. Customers love our offering. In less than 5 years, we’ve built a base of more than 100,000 customers across the nation. Our business is highly disruptive to the large ($160 billion / year) public utility market; it brings consumers choice to an industry that has seen very little innovation over the past 100 years.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.