Provides assistance to consumers by answering questions, processing orders, and taking payments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is not indented to cover each aspect of the position as the scope and duties of a given position may change or be temporarily altered based on the business needs. The basic requirement of every position is to perform all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform all of the duties of the Customer Care I position.
- Receive incoming calls and distribute to the proper department.
- Talk with customers by phone or in person and create orders for installation, turn on, relocation, discontinuance, security lights, tree trimming, trouble calls or change in service.
- Solicit sales of new or additional services.
- Check bad debt file and collects old bills or makes arrangements for payments.
- Collect all fees.
- Run credit checks.
- Process service orders
- Explain energy savings programs offered by the Cooperative.
- Calculate deposits for commercial accounts.
- Obtain surety bonds for commercial accounts, builders and realtors.
- Communicate with Field Representatives as needed.
- Make address changes.
- Handle consumer complaints and inquiries.
- Grant payment extensions and follows up on payment arrangements.
- Answer and resolve customer questions regarding customer usage and billing.
- Explains rates, bills, and bill adjustments.
- Answer questions related to high bills.
- Maintain confidentiality of all consumer information and documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); four years related experience in an office environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid Florida Driver’s license
Other Skills and Abilities
- Key boarding skills required
- Ability to enter and retrieve data via computer with speed and accuracy required
- Proven ability to resolve consumer complaints and questions via the telephone and in person
- Proficient with Windows OS and MS Office applications required.
- Some overtime and/or irregular work hours required
- Ability to keep all matters confidential required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Members: To provide assistance to consumers.
Job Type: Full-time
- customer service: 4 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)