16267 Q Road Mayetta, KS 66509
Benefits at a glance for Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00a-4:30p, Weekly pay periods, Holiday pay, paid Birthday leave, Weekly accruals for Vacation & Sick leave, Administrative, Bereavement, and Educational Leave available, Low-Cost & Low-Deductible Benefits Plans & Generous 401k matching program.
INDIAN PREFERENCE EXERCISED Applicants must provide proof of Tribal affiliation to receive Indian preference
Performs standard, interior, and exterior janitorial and minor maintenance duties involving cleaning and disinfecting facilities and public domains. Assist or repairs any damage to tribal building as needed. Perform lawn maintenance as directed.
- Mops, sweeps floors, vacuums carpets, dusts, empties trash containers and takes garbage to trash bins.
- Inspect the facility on a routine basis using routine checklist as guideline, noting all deficiencies.
- Correct all deficiencies noted in an expeditious manner and log all tasks upon completion.
- Monitor security of properties.
- Respond immediately to calls/pages.
- Uses mechanical floor cleaners to polish, buff, strip, and wax floors; and vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Cleans/disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors, walls, including but not limited to: kitchens, bathrooms, & utility rooms.
- Restocks/picks up supplies as needed & keeps janitor’s room orderly
- Moves, removes, and relocates furnishing, equipment, etc., as directed.
- Unlock entrance doors in the mornings and lock at the end of the business day.
- Setup tables, chairs, projector/speaker system for meetings.
- Performs minor maintenance repair such as unstopping toilets and sinks, and replacing burned out light bulbs.
- May patch and paint walls.
- Checks for safety hazards throughout building.
- Cleans snow and ice from sidewalks and entrances.
- Works cooperatively within the office, Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, and other agencies; as needed
- All other duties as assigned
To qualify for this position, applicants must at least meet minimum requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Willingness to obtain High School Diploma or GED within one year of hire.
- Less than one year of janitorial, custodial or general maintenance experience.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license and be insurable with the Nation’s insurance.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Must possess ability to communicate professionally; both orally and in writing a service-orientated approach, sometimes in stressful circumstances.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with very little supervision.
- Must be available to work the assigned schedule of M-F, 8:00A-4:30P and available as needed to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position, which may include nights, weekends, holiday and overtime.
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all prior and current employment
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of janitorial, custodial or maintenance experience.
- Experience in roofing, carpentry, and drywall.
- Experience with mechanical floor cleaners.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others, including members of the public
- Ability to maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality of individuals and families.
- Ability to operate general office equipment, including but not limited to: 10-key calculator, telephone, computer and operating systems, computer software programs Microsoft Office programs, fax/copier machine.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly team-team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a high-stress, deadline oriented environment
- Attend out-of-state/out-of-town training periodically to enhance job performance and knowledge.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Typical hazards associated with activity taking place at the Construction/Maintenance Department including working around equipment and exposure to some chemicals such as lubricants and harsh cleaners, fumes, dirt and dust.Construction/Maintenance
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 50 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday
BACKGROUND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Background Investigation with adjudication
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.