Summary: It is the primary responsibility of this role to apply fundamental sales techniques while utilizing product, customer, company and industry knowledge applicable to improving customer consultation and sales. This role will provide crop consulting and account management. Typical duties include carrying out retail sales at the producer level, representing the cooperative while calling on current and prospective customers, preparing proposals and customer presentations, studying market and industry trends, seeking opportunities to serve customers and building positive customer relationships. For this role to be successful, it is crucial the advisor facilitates collaborative communication and teamwork at all times.
Crop Consulting, Account Management and Value Creation
- Prospect, build and maintain positive working relationships with current and potential customers
- Assist customers with annual business plan development
- Make sound service recommendations to customers to improve their operation while understanding the value proposition (seed, fertilizer, crop protection, precision products and services)
- Develop regular sales call strategies with both current accounts and potential prospects
- Build relationships with key decision makers and act as liaison and single point of contact
- Represent yourself as a subject matter expert and problem solver to provide value added solution
- Create and implement customer retention and development strategies
- Achieve profitability goals and increase market share through regular sales efforts.
Customer Solutions and Support
- Keep an open line of communication with the agronomy team for optimum customer service
- Provide superior service to all customers and resolve customer complaints quickly and appropriately
- Project a positive attitude and image to customers, business partners and employees at all times
- Proactively manage accounts receivables in accordance with our credit policy
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent, effective communication skills including oral, written and presentation form
- Strong teamwork, listening and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact effectively at all levels within an organization
- Assertive, approachable, tactful and possesses an ability to build strong business relationships
- Customer service oriented with ability to problem solve and manage difficult customer situations
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or closely related field.
- Minimum 2yrs related experience demonstrating the ability to do the job.
- Proven, progressive track record in sales.
- CCA certification preferred (if not current, working to obtain)
Apply online: https://www.centrasota.com/Careers or [email protected]