The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is responsible for providing psychiatric mental health services to the patients of the organization. Additionally, the psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides consultation to other members of the health care delivery staff. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner reports to the Psychiatrist.
- Practices medicine by caring for CHC patients, according to the clinical protocols, as well as the policies, procedures of CHC, and consistent with standards of APA.
- Ensures the delivery of all medical treatment and care is consistent with all regulatory, accreditation, and professional standards, including clinical policies and quality initiatives.
- Understands and ensures all practices and procedures related to the delivery of medical services are consistent with clinical protocols and procedures.
- Establishes a favorable working relationship with all staff members associated with the organization.
- Possesses a positive working relationship with patients, contractors, vendors, third party payer resources and related entities.
Leadership & Stewardship
- Upholds and consistently represents the values, mission, and policies of the organization at all times.
PRIMARY TASKS AND DUTIES
- Prescribe, direct, or administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder.
- Collaborate with physician, social workers, psychiatric nurses practitioners, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social or medical history obtained from patients, relatives, or other professionals.
- Examine or conduct laboratory or diagnostic tests on patients to provide information on general physical condition or mental disorder.
- Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists or medical professionals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of medical model and roles of physician. Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, clinical medicine and physical diagnosis.
- Knowledge of patient assessment techniques including taking medical histories, performing physicals, evaluating health status including state of wellness, and compliance with care recommendations.
- Knowledge of diagnosing and treating psychiatric problems and developing care plans
- Knowledge of documentation in medical records in confidential manner
- Ability to make responsible decisions within scope of practice.
· Master of Science
· Licensed CRNP-PMH in Maryland
· No history of Medicare or Medicaid fraud
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Loan repayment program
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Master's (Preferred)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner -PMH license (Required)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible