- Job ID: 1212139
- Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Provides direct patient care and documents care given.
- Coordinates the capital purchases for the Cardio-Thoracic Operating Room Anesthesia and maintains the functionality of equipment used in the Cardio-Thoracic Operating Room Anesthesia service.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable state, local, and federal laws that may apply to anesthesia services.
- Completes the pre-anesthesia patient record, reviews the results of laboratory data, and begins induction when appropriate.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
- <2 years
- No Experience
- Cert RN Anesthetist
- Master's Degree
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
- Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
Employment Status: PRN
Parkland Health Center offers a unique combination of world-class medicine along with the deep local roots and rich history of its three predecessors – Bonne Terre Hospital (opened in 1911), Mineral Area Regional Medical Center (1952), and Farmington Community Hospital (1969).
Parkland Health Center-Bonne Terre, just off Highway 67, is a primary-care facility with medical offices, 24-hour emergency room services and ancillary services. The facility was recognized for its design and function by the American Society for Healthcare Engineering.
Parkland Health Center-Farmington, east of US 67 on Liberty Street, is a 130-bed, full-service hospital with services for maternity and pediatrics, laboratory and radiology, cardiac rehabilitation, a cardiopulmonary department, outpatient and inpatient surgery, physical therapy, diabetes clinic, geriatric psychiatric unit, and renal dialysis. Parkland Cancer Center provides diagnostics and primary cancer treatment including medical oncology, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, access to clinical trials, genetic testing and radiation oncology referrals as well as continuous follow-up, consultations and second opinions for cancer and blood disorder management.
Parkland Health Center also offers diagnostic radiology, ultrasound, mammography, nuclear medicine, CT scan, special procedures, MRI, and echocardiography in addition to a 24-hour, state-of-the-art physician-staffed emergency service.
The Anesthesia Department provides support to surgical patients by assessing and administering anesthesia products according to established protocol, and under the guidance of a licensed physician.
Advanced practice nurse who works in collaboration with anesthesiologists, surgeons and other physicians and medical professionals to deliver anesthesia for medical and surgical procedures.
Licenses & Certifications
Preferred Requirements and Additional Job Information
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings