JOIN A GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
If you are passionate about food and ready to work hard and think fast while keeping a smile on your face, we would love to have you join the Jersey Mike’s team. Working as a Jersey Mike’s Crew Member is the perfect way to start your career and gain valuable experience in customer service, food preparation, and personnel management. We value our employees and offer a positive, encouraging environment as well as ample opportunities for career advancement. You will enjoy fantastic benefits such as free subs, uniforms, and a flexible schedule as well as competitive pay, paid sick leave, and optional medical coverage for employees working 30+ hours per week. Take the first step toward a long and rewarding career by becoming a respected member of our team.
- Greet customers, record orders, and serve food and beverages with a consistently positive and helpful attitude, including answering questions about the menu.
- Input orders into a point-of-sale system and accept payment using a credit card reader or cash register, calculating change accurately and quickly as required.
- Work together with the line team to prepare cold and hot subs to customer specifications, while following cooking instructions, safety procedures, and sanitary requirements.
- Use specific kitchen machinery such as knives, grills, slicers, etc.
- Ensure restaurant cleanliness daily by clearing and wiping tables, sweeping and mopping floors, washing and sanitizing kitchen utensils, and servicing restrooms.
- Communicate effectively with team members and management to create work schedules, train new employees, and resolve any interpersonal issues as needed.
- Handle customer concerns and complaints professionally and calmly to resolve problems according to Jersey Mike’s standards and policy.
- Maintain a neat and tidy appearance by wearing required uniform and adhering to a corporate dress code.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Must be at least 16 years old and fluent in English
- Be energetic, hard-working, and ethical
- Ability to understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Commitment to learning
- Have strong desire to work as a Team Player
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to stand for long hours at a time and work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and commitment to customer satisfaction
- California food handler certification (within 30 days of hire)
- Previous customer service or cashier experience
Job Type: Part-time
- Food Handler Certification (Preferred)
Hours per week: