What do we do? We get your resume seen, prepare you for the interview, and get you a job offer! Addvantage Credit Union Staffing was founded in 2002, and exclusively staffs credit unions. We have helped thousands of candidates around the country get their foot-in-the-door at top credit unions and we are most proud of our high placement rate! Thank you for considering the following position in your job search!
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounting Clerk for a credit union located in Burbank, CA!
Type: Full-time, temporary (2 months)
Branch hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Prepare, pay, and file all accounts payable for the credit union. Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger for various accounts as assigned.
- Post investment interest checks.
- Review daily cash balances.
- Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances and variances.
- Set-up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the depreciation program.
- Assist share draft department in encoding errors, late returns, and other problems. Batch checks in numerical order, indicating missing stubs.
- Journalize all necessary transactions and make sure everything is in balance.
- Initiate and post wiring in/out of funds to/from Federal Reserve.
- Process and balance daily postings of direct deposits and allotments
- Verify the accuracy of postings and resolve any discrepancies
- Record and balance all unprocessed items
- Issue “Stop Payments.”
- Return all Government Reclamations.
- Process and correct EFT transactions transmitted daily from the Federal Reserve.
- Work with all payroll contacts to coordinate payroll deductions, new member information corrections, updates, changes, etc.
- Assist in solving member issues or questions on EFT/ACH.
- Enter all rejections, pre-notifications, stop payments, etc. on the Fedline.
- Download ACH from the Federal Reserve Bank twice a day. Post Deposit and Withdrawals to Members’ accounts and make necessary General Ledger entries daily.
- Download Fed Share Draft report and send Returns to the Fed daily.
- Download and Post Mobile Deposit for members throughout the day.
- Post Shared Branching transactions for Issuer and Acquirer. Balance General Ledger account
- Assist Branches in resolving any discrepancy or discrepancies on a day to day basis.
- Make TFCU Visa Payment and prepare journal entries for each visa account used by CEO, Loan Manager and IT Manager once a month.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the VP Controller & Operations and/or the President/CEO.
- 2 years of accounting experience preferably within a credit union or bank
- Effective communication skills both verbally and in writing and excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to accurately perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate reliable records.
- Requires good memory, knowledge retention skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and duties effectively.
- Requires strong problem-solving skills, excellent follow-through skills, and strong organization skills.
- Ability to interface in with others in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and be self-directed when necessary as well as the ability to work and accomplish goals in a team environment
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Credit Union or Bank: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Symitar: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location