- Evaluates credit applications and makes decisions to approve or decline loan requests, or approve requests subject to specified conditions.
- The purpose of this position is to facilitate Small Business loan portfolio growth and protect the bank from loss, maintaining acceptable asset quality.
- Senior level officer with high authority and experience.
- Independently analyzes, or at times may work with the Credit Delivery Manager, to evaluate the risk of adding a particular transaction to the bank's loan portfolio.
- Identifies additional information requirements needed to properly assess risks of the transaction.
- Considers alternative credit structures to mitigate risk where appropriate.
- Either approves the request as presented, declines it, or approves it subject to conditions.
- Meets with appropriate staff members to discuss potential transactions, identify key risks and information requirements. Ensures that credit facilities presented for approval are properly graded.
- Meets with customers/prospects of the bank where the industry or credit structure is unusual or unique.
- Mostly works independently without direct supervision.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, graduate degree in business preferred.
- Completion of advanced courses in finance, accounting, and credit either through a bank sponsored training program or college course work.
- Typically 5 plus years experience as a relationship manager, underwriter or similar position requiring business banking/commercial knowledge and credit judgment.
- Ability to formulate and articulate objective views based on professional analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of credit philosophy and policies, loan documentation, bankruptcy and related legal issues.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, as well as analytic and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated PC aptitude.
- Works effectively in a team environment, while assuming individual responsibility.
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans