Nebraska Bank of Commerce is seeking an individual for a full time, credit analyst position. This individual will be responsible for providing credit analysis for the lending activities of NBC. Provide analytical services in the administration of loan accounts. When needed and in conjunction with loan officer(s) will meet with current and potential customers to obtain information needed for loan requests. With appropriate training and development, this individual will be expected to make out-bound relationship building calls on business owners and prospective customers.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Credit Analysis: Underwrite, analyze and prepare presentations for loans. Assist in negotiating loans and structuring presentations. Analyze the credit and collateral aspects of business and individual loans both secured and unsecured.
- Monitoring: Monitor loans to ensure proper documentation with respect to items such as periodic calculation of ratios to determine financial covenants. Assist with annual account reviews and ticklers. May monitor loan repayment activities and take necessary action to collect past due accounts.
- Inspections: Perform collateral inspections including but not limited to commercial real estate properties and single family residences. Also assist in documenting values of subject properties.
- Sales & Service: Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service when working with customers with a focus on uncovering needs for additional products and services. Work with new prospects for the bank to identify current and future needs of bank products and services.
- Personal Commitment: Demonstrate commitment, dependability and respect for the team with regular and predictable attendance, punctuality and agreed-upon schedule of availability. Project a professional image in attire, manner, communication and focus.
- Systems: Utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, and WebEquity software to analyze financial information and form objective opinions to assist lenders in identifying strengths and weaknesses on each credit.
- Administrative: Participate in loan meeting discussion of credit structure and financial analysis and other applicable meetings and trainings.
- Training: Expected to attend and participate in ongoing training and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics and/or business administration. Relevant work experience will be taken into consideration.
- Prior experience in credit analysis preferred.
- Possess analytical skills necessary to assess and evaluate areas of responsibility including determination of loan risk involved and recommendation of credit limitations.
- Understanding of financial data such as cash flow, balance sheet and collateral dynamics of customers’ properties and geographic area.
- Ability to work accurately and independently, while seeking advice under the appropriate conditions.
- Proactive and responsive with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent follow through.
- The ability to prioritize using effective time management and organizational skills in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience with Window-based computer programs, including Excel.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively and professionally at all levels of the organization and in the community.
- Must possess a “can do” customer service attitude/philosophy.
- Comply with all requirements, policies and procedures of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and attend all mandatory BSA training as needed for this position.
Environment Demands: The environment for this position is an office-type setting that is mostly clean and comfortable. Little discomfort caused by such factors as noise, heat or dust. This position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 20 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching. Nebraska Bank of Commerce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a resume to [email protected] or 6000 Village Drive, Ste. 100, Lincoln, NE 68516