The Credit Analyst/Jr. SBL Underwriter performs various tasks specifically related to credit analysis, loan portfolio analysis and underwriting less complex small business loan requests. All duties are performed in accordance with established guidelines and policies, as well as in compliance with all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the annual loan review process
- Responsible for performing analytical and operational support duties within the Loan Department including the management of various portfolios servicing functions including, but not limited to, annual portfolio financial reviews and covenant monitoring.
- Under moderate supervision, reviews and spreads financials for individual(s) and entity borrower(s) and guarantors, which includes personal financial statements, interim business operating and Profit & Loss Statements, and federal tax returns.
- Works directly with Sr. Loan Underwriters to address issues, obtain required clarifications and information from either Loan Officers and/or Borrowers as directed.
- Review and analyze credit reports, appraisal assumptions and leases identifying concerns or issues that may impact the lending decision.
- Complete all on-line training courses as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- One-year banking preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with ability to effectively interface with co-workers and borrowers as required. Ability to define problems, collect and research data and draw valid conclusions regarding financial strengths and weaknesses.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and spreadsheet software.
- Requires ability to work full-time schedule and maintain regular attendance.
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle computer, documents and files. The employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
See qualifications above.
Poppy Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.