Salary Grade: Pay Grade 4 – Professional – salary is based on experience
Reports to: VP of Commercial Loan Administration
Job Description Date: June 2020
The purpose of this position is to provide competent credit analysis for commercial loan activities. This position will take part in the documentation review of proposed and existing commercial loans. The credit analyst will provide high quality analytical services so informed decisions can be made.
Responsive – Analyst will respond to a BDO request for underwriting within an 8 hr workday time frame.
Due Diligence – Analyst will perform appropriate due diligence when underwriting proposed or existing credits for data integrity and credit quality in order to protect the Bank.
Communication – Analyst will at all times facilitate an environment of open communication by way of corresponding with BDO’s and Management in a timely and pro active manner.
Accountability – Analyst will hold himself/herself accountable for the timely completion of underwriting request. Offering assistance and suggestions to BDO’s to bolster internal relationships and aid in the loan approval process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete the spreading of financial information for thorough credit analysis that will result in sound credit decision making.
- Analyze the financial statements for strengths and weaknesses, cash flow and liquidity. Compare to historical data and industry averages.
- Analyze loan requests, performing written evaluations for all proposed commercial loans, making recommendation for appropriate loan structuring including but not limited to collateral, term and covenants. This would also include analyzing potential risk factors and the determination of mitigants, if any to Bank risk.
- Assist in the completion of annual reviews on all Commercial credit lines and term debt in accordance with Community Bank Loan Policy.
- Work with Commercial Relationship Officers to obtain current financial information on existing and proposed loans and track and scan into Accu-systems the receipt of such information in a timely manner.
- Apply financial information to establish the current position of borrowers with regard to any financial or other changes which could affect the customer’s ability to meet its commitment to the Bank. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring borrowing base lines of credit, deposit balances, account activity and performing credit checks.
- Update Commercial Relationship Officers with respect to credit regulations and procedures as well as credit analysis training for loan officers and other personnel as directed.
- Assist in the reconciliation of Credit Report usage reports on a monthly basis.
- Have the ability to review all appraisal requests and send appraisal engagement letters. In addition complete the appraisal review checklist on all appraisals related to commercial loans.
- Compile and present commercial loan reports or other material requested by Senior Management, Bank officers or committees as requested.
- Perform credit references for credit requests from various banks and companies as requested.
- Contact with customers, employees, accountants and the community as required; to conducts relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall marketing effort of the Bank.
- Will be called upon from time to time to participate in community organizations and events.
Ethics/Integrity: Knowledge of practices, behaviors, applicable laws, rules and regulations governing proper business conduct.
Adaptability: Knowledge of successful approaches, tools and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment.
Customer Service: Works well with customers, promotes a positive image of the company, strives to solve issues raised by customers.
Productivity: Manages workload, works efficiently, meets goals and objectives.
Quality: Strives to eliminate errors, accurate work is a priority, seeks opportunities to improve products/services.
Cooperation: Willingness to work harmoniously with others in getting a job done. Readiness to respond positively to instructions and procedures.
No supervisory responsibilities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This position could be eligible for a teleworking arrangement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Community Bank has adopted a 40 hour work week. Some flexibility in hours is necessary based on the location assignments, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and must work at least 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Travel for this position is limited to travel for meetings/training.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a business related field; minimum three years of experience in a Bank Commercial credit department preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Generally, more than three years of banking or related experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Strong clerical skills, good communication skills and professional appearance are necessary for this position. Proficiency with a computer, adding machine, copier, fax machine, and other office equipment are required. The ability to learn EzTeller, Premier and sales tracking systems.
Community Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the policy of Community Bank to afford equal employment opportunity and to recruit, select, hire, train, transfer, and promote individuals in all job titles regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, Vietnam era veteran, disabled veteran, or other eligible veteran status.