CRA Loan Originator NMLS 1-190038781
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Originates Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) loans in an assigned metropolitan territory. Develops referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources for the purpose of originating residential loans through ongoing sales efforts. Takes mortgage applications, conducts preliminary underwriting reviews, and submits loan applications to processing. Remains the front line contact with customers and realtors for follow up documentation needed to approve and close loan. Informs customers of other products and services that meet their needs. Incumbents are customarily and regularly engaged in making and soliciting loan sales and conducting sales-related activities away from U.S. Bank locations. Incumbents are expected to spend a minimum of 50% of their time conducting their activities away from U.S. Bank locations.
This position requires National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008 and Regulation Z. You will be subject to the required registration process, which includes a criminal background and credit check. Failure to meet or maintain any of the NMLS registration requirements, including maintaining a satisfactory criminal and credit record, may result in a rescission of your offer or termination of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of mortgage, sales, real estate, or banking experience
- Ability to travel
- Well-developed sales ability
- Thorough understanding of the Community Reinvestment Act
- Basic knowledge of pricing and underwriting requirements of various mortgage insurance companies
- Working knowledge of underwriting requirements for FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, local bonding programs, and private investors, as gained through on the job training or some real estate brokerage experience
- Basic knowledge of local, state and national laws (e.g., zoning ordinances, Truth-in Lending, RESPA, energy audit requirements, etc.)
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to analyze financial information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Primary Location Arizona-AZ-Scottsdale
Shift 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week 40