Northwest Pathology is looking for a Courier in our Mt. Vernon office. Under the general supervision of the Courier Services Supervisor this position performs non-technical laboratory tasks such as stocking of lab materials, providing courier services locally and in surrounding counties, and assisting in maintaining the overall efficiency of the lab.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs courier services including specimen pick-up, report and client supplies delivery.
- Reviews requisitions and specimens for completeness at time of pick-up and interacts professionally with client office and clinical staff as appropriate to obtain any discrepant information.
- Providesadministrative support to NWP leadership team, laboratory staff and physiciansas needed.
- Assiststhe department with service, and maintenance of NWP vehicles.
- Maintainsthe department(s) in a professional manner, including cleaning and restockingsupplies.
- Performsroutine cleaning and maintenance of equipment, supplies and assigned work area.
- Maintainsprofessional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Attendsvarious trainings and meetings as needed.
- Performsother related tasks as directed by department supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficiency in use of Android smartphone is strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to effectively communicate well with clients, patients, co-workers and the pathologists).
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with clients in a professional, tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and accurately follow procedures and directions.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform accurate work.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet daily workload demands.
- Dependable and punctual attendance.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- One year experience working in a laboratory or healthcare environment preferred.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Avalid Washington State driver’s license and acceptabledriving record required for providing courier services.
- We share a collaborative obligation to ensure that we conduct ourselves in the utmost ethical manner and that we hold each other accountable to the values and standards of the organization. Every employee has the responsibility to ask questions, seek guidance, and report concerns and/or violations of company policy or ethical standards.
- The organization has several processes in place to communicate with leadership and expects that employees will have a commitment to integrity and uncompromising values.
- This position works in a demanding, fast-paced laboratory environment with the need to meet daily workload requirements. Incumbent may be exposed to chemicals and requires the use of personal protection equipment and universal precautions.
Requires ability to move throughout thelaboratory and to stand/sit for long periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry officeequipment and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds. Requires reaching, pushing, pulling, bending and stooping to performduties. Must be able to hear verbalconversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Must have visual ability to consistentlyidentify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on records andforms. Ability to speak clearly and makeself understood in a one-on-one basis and in a variety of informal group settings.
M-F – Full-Time – 9:45 am – 5:45 pm
Job Type: Full-time
- aboratory or healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Washington State driver’s (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative