SCOPE OF WORK
PERFORMANCE OF EXPERT PROFESSIONAL COST ESTIMATING
SERVICES AS REQUESTED ON A “CALL-IN” BASIS DURING 2020 THROUGH 2023
For background with respect to The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (the
“Authority”) see www.panynj.gov. Additionally, the most recent electronic version of the
Authority’s Annual Report is available at http://www.panynj.gov/corporate- information/annual-reports.html.
II. SCOPE OF WORK
The services of the Consultant shall generally consist of performing program/project control services and other related services. It is anticipated that the Consultant shall work at the offices of the Authority’s Engineering Department located in either New York or New Jersey, at which time the Consultant shall be provided office space, telephones, and other general supplies in these instances as required. However, if directed by the Authority, the Consultant may perform selected tasks at the Consultant’s own offices.
III. DESCRIPTION OF CONSULTANT’S TASKS
The tasks to be performed may include but are not limited to the following:
A. Providing full and partial independent estimating services including preparation of complete estimates and review of estimates prepared by others, and evaluation of variables and risks.
B. Providing estimating expertise to develop estimating initiatives (e.g., electronic estimating systems/software, cost estimating reference data, review and retrieval of bid data, etc.) and making recommendations for improvement to the Authority’s estimating process, as required.
C. Providing classroom training in fundamental estimating techniques.
D. Performing independent Value Engineering (“VE”) analysis or provide staff to facilitate
“in-house” reviews as required. The Consultant must have the expertise to assemble outside
VE experts to supplement Authority “in-house” teams and have access to a Certified Value
E. Providing recommendations on Industry Best Practices for the Engineering Department cost estimating processes.
F. Performing independent “Bid Analyses.”
All work performed by the Consultant, including the preparation of documents, reports, drawings, and custom prepared program applications, shall be performed and submitted in accordance with a schedule mutually agreed upon by the Authority and the Consultant prior to the performance of any such work. All source codes, installation, administration and user documentation are to be provided to the Authority upon project close out. All estimates shall be prepared in accordance with the Authority’s Standards Manuals and shall be submit in Microsoft Excel or related MS-Office software.
IV. CONDITIONS AND PRECAUTIONS
1. The Consultant shall immediately inform the Authority of any unsafe condition discovered at any time during the course of this work.
2. Throughout the period of work, the Consultant shall immediately inform the Authority of findings, if any that represent unanticipated conditions that would reduce the intended effectiveness of the assigned task unless a modification to planned work was implemented.
3. Facility operations including vehicular traffic shall always have priority over all of the
B. Work Areas
1. The Consultant shall limit its work to the areas necessary for the performance of such services and shall not interfere with the operation of the facility or with any other construction work without first obtaining specific approval from the Authority.
2. The Consultant shall take steps necessary to ensure the safety of its staff during performance of the work. All Personal Protective Equipment, including, but not limited to, safety shoes, hardhat, and safety vest, shall be worn for all field work. In addition, where necessary, fall protection equipment shall be utilized.
3. During all periods of time when the Consultant is not performing operations at the work site, the Consultant shall store all equipment being used for the services in areas designated by the Authority and shall provide all security required for such equipment.
4. The Consultant shall not permit any objects or pieces of equipment to lie unattended on sidewalks, roadways, taxiways, runways, aircraft movement areas, tracks, or structures at any time.
5. Photography of the facility buildings and surrounding area is not permitted without approval from the Authority.
C. Work Hours
1. The Consultant shall coordinate its work at the site(s) with the Project Manager, unless otherwise directed by the Authority.
2. In any case, no work shall be performed at the site on any holidays observed by the
Authority, unless otherwise directed by the Authority.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $75,000.00 /year
- Engineering: 10 years (Preferred)
- Construction Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
Security Clearance Required:
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply