The next big thing in data is you!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead monthly OCOGS forecast process, collecting inputs from multiple functions including procurement, planning, engineering, accounting, and other finance teams to develop a complete flash COGS forecast, including manufacturing variances, reserves, inventory capitalization, and any special items.
- Responsible for segment allocation of costs, both forecast and actual, maintaining procedures and processes for the proper allocation of costs to product segments. Further, communicate and explain cost allocations to all stakeholders, including other finance teams, business teams, and senior leaders.
- Lead weekly process to provide live insights into the COGS forecast based on operational inputs. Requires coordinating with operations leaders, anticipating likely outcomes, and resourcefulness in estimating financial impact.
- Conduct period end actual vs. forecast analysis, especially as it relates to manufacturing variances, reserves, and inventory capitalization. Based on analysis, suggest and implement improvements to forecasting process, standard cost setting process, accounting processes, or other processes.
- Based on cost forecasting expertise, support operations decision-making projects, providing cost analytical support.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 – 10 years of experience in manufacturing cost accounting area, preferably with semiconductor experience. Hands on familiarity with all aspects of inventory and cost accounting.
- Clear and precise communication. Track record of working with multiple teams across geo and time zone.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams while handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of effectively facilitating meetings and developing and executing detail oriented project plans and deliverables and breaking down complex problems into manageable goals
- Detail-oriented and analytical; able to communicate and comprehend technical information in both written and oral form and keep track of large quantities of data
- Flexible, collaborative, and a dynamic team-player who can work collaboratively with many different types of personalities and still maintain a sense of calm and good humor under pressure
- Friendly, personable, able to build relationships
- Demonstrated effectiveness with oral and written communication skills with proven experience presenting project information to representatives from all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks, problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, HGST, SanDisk®, Tegile™, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.
Federal and state laws require employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you need any accommodation or assistance with our career site, please contact us at [email protected]
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.