We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: $17.11 – $28.04 Hourly (Dependent on Qualifications)
Department: Gas Department
E-mail: [email protected]
ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWS:Non-rotating 40-hour work week, Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 4:00 pm. Must be available to work additional hours as needed.
Who May Apply?
All persons legally authorized to work in the United States
The Corrosion Control Specialist II has the responsibility for testing and troubleshooting cathodically protected circuits and initiating corrective action as needed.
- Perform the planning and supervision of work technicians.
- Review and monitor work progress ensuring work is being conducted in accordance with company procedures.
- Perform documentation of work by recording readings in district books then entering into the computer database.
- Troubleshoot cathodically protected circuits.
- Evaluate recommendations made by Corrosion Technicians regarding corrective action on down circuits.
- Test and evaluate galvanic and impressed current cathodic protection systems.
- Locate City gas lines for contractors and other parties.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience
- OQ Qualified in Energy Worldnet Corrosion Control Tasks within six (6) months of hire
- Must have CP field experience and possess intermediate level knowledge of corrosion theory, CP concepts, types of CP systems in use, and familiar with basic rectifier diagnostics and field measurement techniques and equipment
- Must be able to read map books to correctly identify the location of the City gas lines
- A valid driver’s license is required. Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license within 90 days of hire
The City offers an excellent benefit package that includes:
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – TMRS is a required retirement plan for all full-time employees. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City will match employee contributions 2 to 1 during retirement.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88+ hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Seven (7) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
Basis of Rating
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.
- Selected applicants must be able to pass a background investigation and a pre-employment drug test.
- Any position that lists a minimum qualification for education level and/or license/certification will require the applicant to provide proof of documentation if selected for hire into the position with the City of Corpus Christi.
- In the event of an emergency, employees are required to work to provide for the safety and well-being of the general public, including the delivery and restoration of vital services.
Job opening will close on:
December 1, 2019