The El Dorado Correctional facility is seeking mature adults with good work ethic and communication skills. No previous corrections or law enforcement experience required. We provided six weeks of paid training.
Corrections provides steady, secure employment, competitive benefits, and opportunities for growth and career advancement.
Update 2/18: Effective 2/24/19 we will be implementing 12-hour shifts, 6AM to 6PM and 6PM to 6AM.
The El Dorado Correctional Facility is currently hiring multiple Corrections Officers.
- Multiple positions are available
- No previous corrections experience required – we provide paid corrections officer training
- $15.75/hourly with benefits
- Assigned shift will be 2 PM-10 PM or 10 PM-6 AM; weekdays off, not weekends (additional 30 cents shift differential for those assigned the 2-10 PM shift and 10 PM-6 AM shift)
- A good attendance record is essential for successful employment
A Corrections Officer I (COI) supervises and maintains discipline and control of offenders at all times; performs searches of offenders’ person and physical areas in order to prevent and control concealment of contraband; observes and monitors offenders’ activities and interactions while enforcing policy, rules and regulations; follows established security procedure in controlling visitors, staff, offender and vehicular traffic to prevent the admittance or exit of authorized persons and the introduction of contraband; takes and reports periodic counts of offenders; and responds to emergency situations in accordance with appropriate contingency plans.
- At least 18 years of age at the time of appointment;
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Free of any felony conviction(s) or diversion of a felony, whether or not expunged;
- Free of any felony or misdemeanor domestic violence crime as set forth in 18 U.S.C. 922 (d)(9) and (g)(9).
Additional Requirements: No DUI conviction in past two years; no conviction, adjudication, diversion agreement or probation for misdemeanor involving controlled substance or possession of drug paraphernalia in past five years; free of any final court order prohibiting candidate from stalking, harassing, threatening, or having contact with any person; free of conviction or civil or administrative adjudication for sexual activity facilitated by force or threat. This list is not all-inclusive; other convictions or pending charges may disqualify the candidate.
- If you have not previously applied for a State of Kansas position and been assigned an Applicant ID Number, go to https://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/sec-home/state-employment/register-personal-data and select “Register Personal Data”
- Obtain a Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate (see below) and send to recruiter
- Complete the State of Kansas application form at https://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/sec-home/state-employment/fboxapp and either submit online to El Dorado Correctional Facility or mail to the recruiter listed.