Provide routine and general accounting services to company according to company business objectives and general accounting practices.
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL’s 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, you will be the expert in providing routine and general accounting services to the company according to company business objectives and general accounting practices. Other duties will include:
- Comply with applicable regulatory health and safety policies and practices in order to ensure personal safety and the safety of all employees, company assets, environment, and regulatory compliance.
- Run SAP FI and CO month-end processes for Dyno Nobel Americas (DNA).
- Run and maintain the monthly consolidation process for DNA (currently using both SAP BCS and HFM) and ensure proper elimination of intercompany balances.
- Reconcile month-end inter-company balance within DNA; make adjusting entries to ensure the inter-company balances are accurate and net to a zero balance.
- Monitor the month-end close processes to ensure all month-end task and processes are completed within the month-end schedule and timeline and in an accurate manner for financial reporting purposes
- Maintain the DNA accounting system master data requests (new companies, general ledger accounts, internal orders, etc) and perform required maintenance for accurate financial reporting
- Create and communicate the month-end close schedules and calendars.
- Create and/or modify the month-end close process, including repeating journals, accounting accruals, and SAP CO allocations.
- Create and/or modify reporting and month-end desktop procedures.
- Interaction with both internal and external auditors providing supporting documentation and detailed information on a semi-annual and annual basis.
- Participation in the semi-annual IPL Balance Sheet Review process.
- Participation in the IPL half-year and year-end reporting packages.
- Participation in the DNA 3 tier monthly account reconciliation process, including preparation of bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations. In addition, it may assist in the management of the account reconciliation process.
- Assist in the management of internal controls surrounding SAP and IT segregation of duties
- Analyze financial statements and other reports, note trends and deviations from standard operations, and may analyze information in order to provide management with appropriate and timely business information.
- On-going participation in financial process improvements.
- Participation in EBIT enhancing activities to maximize shareholder return.
- Communicate with supervisors; managers; and other business, corporate, accounting, and finance staff in order to obtain and exchange information.
- Perform planning, primarily regarding individual workload in order to meet deadlines and business objectives.
- Effectively use and promote the IPL Atlas process for goal setting, providing feedback, and assessing job performance.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Some accounting experience desired, but not required
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting standards (and IFRS, preferably)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge or ability to learn SAP, Hyperion, and Company accounting software
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer:
- Vacation time + 10 paid holidays + a couple of PTO days
- Full health benefits including employer HSA contributions + dental plan with an orthodontic option, wellness coaching available
- Up to a 4% 401k match PLUS additional company contribution from 1% to 5% based on years of service
- Generous tuition reimbursement program
- Friendly and supportive coworkers
Zero Harm for Everyone Everywhere
Value People – Respect, Recognize & Reward
Think Customer. Everyone. Every day
Treat the Business as our Own
Care for the Community & our Environment
Challenge & Improve the Status Quo
Deliver on our Promises
Women are encouraged to apply.